Home-Made IEMs
Sep 1, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #13,291 of 15,910
Well you can always experiment and try, I know that there are some manufacturers that go for like 5 drivers w/o crossover so there's real life examples that it could be done, what you can make from such arrangement is completely up to you
Yup, there's even a 24 drive monstrosity with a crossoverless design!

W/o crossover sounds lazy Though(from engineering standpoint)
Hahahahahha

Tried andro gold and was disappointed as it was not resolving enough and campfire tuning is kinda weird for my taste

@piotrus-g is actually right, you can try mixing and matching, adjusting tubes and shifting resonances and fill one driver dip with other driver peak and create a decombing smoothening effect.

Good way to exercise tube lenght and tube resonances
never liked anything from CA personally. Especially the OG Andromeda. It sounds weird and unnatural to me.
Wow, that is professional level. Would love that shell file if you are willing and able to share it :)
it's in page 85. Download it and change the file name extension from .txt to .stl.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:28 AM Post #13,292 of 15,910
Wow, that is professional level. Would love that shell file if you are willing and able to share it :)
All kudos for this marvelous shell go to Aldo40. I changed the nozzle to a whopping 6.5mm OD, if you want that I can share it.
Here is a 1mm faceplate. Same procedure as for the shell, change the extension from .txt to .stl.

Attachments

• ShellAldo_Faceplate_1mm.txt
    224.4 KB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2021 at 5:02 AM Post #13,293 of 15,910
Yup, there's even a 24 drive monstrosity with a crossoverless design!

never liked anything from CA personally. Especially the OG Andromeda. It sounds weird and unnatural to me.

it's in page 85. Download it and change the file name extension from .txt to .stl.

That 24 driver one did not sound very good to me at all lol

Sep 1, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #13,296 of 15,910
HELLO,DOES ANYBODY PLEASE Have HEADPHONE SHELL wide bore file .stl. so I can use printing service to print some shells and faceplates.Or some for sale thank you willing to buy some today...Been using soundlinks universals for about 2 years.

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:06 PM Post #13,297 of 15,910
HELLO,DOES ANYBODY PLEASE Have HEADPHONE SHELL wide bore file .stl. so I can use printing service to print some shells and faceplates.Or some for sale thank you willing to buy some today...Been using soundlinks universals for about 2 years.
Hey, this shell has a pretty wide bore and you can use the faceplate from a few posts above. Rename the .txt to .stl. The bore is about 6.5mm and you might struggle to fit your usual tips, please keep that in mind.

Attachments

• Aldos Shell_wb.txt
    663.6 KB · Views: 0
Sep 2, 2021 at 9:17 AM Post #13,301 of 15,910
Hey, this shell has a pretty wide bore and you can use the faceplate from a few posts above. Rename the .txt to .stl. The bore is about 6.5mm and you might struggle to fit your usual tips, please keep that in mind.
THANKS MR PADDLEFOOT,ALDO40 FOR THE FILE HAD A COMPANY PRINT A SET LAST NIGHT SHIPPED OUT THIS MORNING.I HAVE SOME WIDEBORE TIPS SO CANT WAIT

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:34 PM Post #13,303 of 15,910
A little update from my MASM 3 Pro with added 38D1X, the MASM 5 A.
I've played around a bit with adding tubes right into the shell in Fusion 360 and that worked quite well. In the end though, I've settled with the shell from @Aldo40 from page 885, which I modified to make the nozzle bigger so that I can fit 2x 2mm and 1x 1mm ID tubes quite nicely.
I've printed with black resin and used Lack 3 for the shell itself and for the faceplate I went with some nail polish with chameleon effect, covered with Lack 3.
masm5a.jpg
masm5a_fr.jpg

All in all I'm very happy with the result and can recommend adding a 38D1X to the amazing MASM 3 Pro's.
I would like to experiment with this setup, too. As I already have all the MASM 3 PRO drivers lying around, just need to put in an order for the 38D1XJ.
Have one question, you said you played around with tubing lengths. What lengths did you finally settle on?

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:43 AM Post #13,304 of 15,910
I would like to experiment with this setup, too. As I already have all the MASM 3 PRO drivers lying around, just need to put in an order for the 38D1XJ.
Have one question, you said you played around with tubing lengths. What lengths did you finally settle on?
I've used the MASM 3 Pro tubing and for the 38D1X I went for 1mm ID, 22mm length with a yellow damper at 11mm.

Sep 4, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #13,305 of 15,910
Anybody use un shrunk or partially shrunk heat shrink as sound tubes? I have a few times, but wondering if I need to stop.. If the iems get too hot in a car or something, it could shrink more.

I found 90*c /194*f as a common temperature for heat shrink, of course they shouldn't get that hot but if left in direct sun, maybe. Also worried they could slowly shrink over time, at lower temps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back