1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Home-Made IEMs

First

Back
518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527
529 530 531 532 533
Next

Last
  1. dhruvmeena96

Shell
    these are the shell i am using bro
    so can you tell me how to work on this. I mean to say, i dont know how to edit 3D files like .STL(PITA)
    how do i scan these on budget, well i was in financial crisis previous year and i am still recovering so cannot buy a 3D scanner for time being

Thanks for the reply though:smile_phones:

2. Bassiklee
    These are what I use. As far as resins with no inhibition layer, look at stuff marketed at arts&crafts, or fishing/surfing. Again, I don't use these on the outside, so skin contact isn't an issue.

I'm not sure why it's not letting me add a picture. The thumbnail was there. I swear. PM me, and I'll send you a picture of what I use.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  3. Bassiklee
    DDE7CB4E-A71E-40C2-A038-758979A3D212.png

4. dhruvmeena96
    Can we replace the "CI with R3" resistor with ED29689 and keep everything same

i mean damper and R3 value
    You know, i have problems with tube measurement, so i am not changing that

5. Choy Wei De
    Do look up photogrammetry. You just need a smartphone, pc and some free software. I think a even normal consumer 3D scanner can’t capture such fine details.

Slater and dhruvmeena96 like this.
  6. dhruvmeena96
    Used scann3d....ask for money
    Clicking photos, dam this is hard

And even if the accuracy is to the point, the issue is the bottom of the shape

It produce some nasty bottom, which is hard to clean

I have to make a rotating jig and light box for 3D scanning.....

Taking to much time also

Any other way, easier than this

Or I have to stick with this

By the way, thanks a lot

7. Choy Wei De
    I think mobile app can’t get the precision that you want.

There is this tutorial about a paid Pc/MAC software. She demonstrate scanning a rock in a upright position, then flip the rock around and scan again. She then merge the 2 sets of photo to form one seamless 3D model. I believe you can find free softwares that can do it, or somehow get your hands on that paid software.

If I’m not wrong, this YouTube channel call prusa upload a updated process for photogrammetry using a free software. Have not watch the video yet.

If you don’t want to do too many hard work. Try approach your local 3D printing and scanning community and ask them for advise or even do for you.

This last method really depends on your luck. Try Google ear impression 3D scan at your neighbourhood. You might find some businesses that actually make your ear impression for the usual price and then 3D scan them for a small fee. You can try negotiate with them to do just the 3D scanning part. You can either process your shell a bit then bring them for scanning or make a negative mold followed by a positive mold then bring it for scanning.

This topic is going quite in-depth about 3D. I only have very basic knowledge about 3D printing, scanning and modelling. Couldn’t help very much.

dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  8. dhruvmeena96
    get that 3D design and do a stainless steel CNC with Stainless steel tube and circular tubing
    man that will look dope

BluTack works fine by the way

by the way,

does anybody have impedance graph of any of the stated driver

Knowles ED-29689
    Knowles GQ-30783
    Knowles CI-22955

Hmm
    i dont have measuring rig, and no multimeter in hand
    plus i had 4 ED, which are already in iem, which i dont wanna take out
    hmmmmm

Periodic Audio Be....you liked it

Hmmmm...cool

But please try Dita. These set blow me away
    I talked to Dita and they told me everything they did with driver and how the pressure regulate inside the chamber

Other is Sony EX1000 with spinfit CP240

well for all new comers into this DIY
    1.FURCO book pdf download

https://docs.google.com/document/ex...Os1CA:1545412179251&includes_info_params=true

(If Headfi redirect comes and take time, go to this link....it will take some time, but you will get pdf download.....Its a redirect download link)

2.Deeper Crossover Understanding

3. Notes about tubing and damper effect(I dont have one for now, go read Knowles and sonion guide)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  9. ForceMajeure
    CI 22955 impedance
    [​IMG]

ED 29689 upload_2019-1-7_15-31-27.png

dhruvmeena96 likes this.
  10. dhruvmeena96

Thanks bro

i still have to take average but this helps a lot

i am trying flat the whole impedance graph with two layer circuit
    I have already thrown calculation and some rough explanation earlier

difference between a BA and dynamic driver, i have understood is
    both are traditional speaker in theory
    dynamic driver over damping is mostly in bass region and BA is in mids and treble
    except of vented BA, they can have two peaks at different area

11. dhruvmeena96
    well, the method of SWFK inverse with 1~1.5uF works with almost all iem

lol

the best way to increase 2 drivers to almost all the setup, except a few one out there.

well, i have recently created this one
    well i have an ED and a SWFK lying down.

i want to increase the mids by 3dB(near 900Hz)
    and increase the extension even more(Godly level is aim)

So, if i add 1uF to SWFK with 10ohm resistor in parallel, gives me 16kHz as high pass.

this way, i can raise the high treble region even more

but i am not able to get ED working in there

If add ED with same polarity as SWFK and TWFK, it gives me more mettalic treble focus and reduced bass.

if i high pass, things become sharp and V ish

if i low pass, it becomes less bassy

12. Ivan TT
    Finally tested a suspicion that 4 x RAB-32257 in series could produce interesting results.
    They do!
    Major difference compared to single or double that I made previously is how powerful and rich sound is and overall dynamics of the sound.
    Very sweet sounding set up and no crossovers!
    White damper used to tune to my preference, coupling is made of pvc tubing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dhruvmeena96 and Slater like this.
  13. Slater
    Nice job.

What’s the back cover going to look like?

How did you determine the optimal tube length?

14. Ivan TT
    Thanks!
    Back cover is the same colour/material, got shells from taobao.
    I cannot say I had much freedom in terms of the tubing length due to coupling/shell/nozzle sizes, but I made tubing terminate in the nossle a bit deeper and filed nozzle to make horn, as RAB does not have best HF extension.
    I’m quite surprised that volume of air at the front does not seem to produce any noticeable resonances too, go figure.

Slater likes this.
  15. eunice
    To answer my own question:

This is how I finally got the resin transparent and shiney without lacquer:

1) Sand to your liking, using a fine grit

2) Use polish wax and a polish wheel to get the clear and shiny finish. Just touch the wax bar with the rotating wheel and then polish the iem.

Dreve Polishing Compounds Polish Wax Bar
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cT7VumyC

24mm Polishing Buff Round Wheel
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bbK3snJw

First

Back
518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527
529 530 531 532 533
Next

Last