Home-Made IEMs
Dec 25, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #7,216 of 15,972
start my ciems

use dreve fotoplast

photo_2017-12-26_00-10-11.jpg

Dec 27, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #7,217 of 15,972
For how long did you cure the Resin and what kind of lamp did you use?

Dec 27, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #7,219 of 15,972

I am quite curious to know how well that LED lamp cures the mix. How do you find it? Does it cure "all the way through"?

1. I have been saving to get a "professional" grade curing lamp from somewhere like Oaktree products, but they are several 100 dollars as opposed to $22 ... Is it worth spending the extra to get the professional grade UV light? Does it make any difference over a simple one like this? I would really appreciate the advice of ppl who have used both, especially those that have upgraded to one of the 'professional' grade units... and those that have only used simpler LED units like this one. Is there any significant difference in the outcome?

2. Also, most of the nail curing lights seem to have buttons for 15, 30, 60 second operation. Is not being able to select a specific and precise time an issue?

3. And the required wavelength is > wavelength is 360nm > 405nm. Is that correction?

4. Is higher wattage better?

Appreciate the response

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #7,220 of 15,972
Hello! First post here.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but how would one go about replicating JH audio's freqphase?
Also, any tips on wiring a crossover?

I want to try to build a Layla clone.

Also, does the layla use two SWFKs up top or TWFKs?

And, the filters are green for the low and mid, none for the top correct?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #7,221 of 15,972
Happy New Year all you Headfiers!
I just recieved my pair of GV-32830. I thought it was the black dots to be removed for increased bass? Im confused as the other side has two holes also that is covered with some tape. Anyone knows for sure about this, i really dont want to tamper any more than i have to with those babies

Dec 29, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #7,222 of 15,972
Using Shilos (which is a good one) or any others recipie for gel
I got a good tip for anyone that (like me) get a lot of microbubbles in gel when reheating, if you did’nt already know.

Alcohol is tha crap to get rid of bubbles! When it’s heated just spray some kind of alcohol over the surface, it does’nt take much.
I used an aftershave bottle first time, that i did’nt like alot anyway :wink: and just one spray made them all go away like pure magic.

Rgds
Pete

Jan 4, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #7,224 of 15,972
Epic thread and some awesome work here. I'd like to have a play with a basic/simple BA build, something along the lines of etymotic or finals designs, a single driver bullet type of IEM. What BA drivers should I be looking at for as full range as a single driver can be?

Many thanks

Jan 5, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #7,226 of 15,972
Can anyone help me with the preparation/process for making a faceplate out of wood? Do I coat the entire piece with foto then attach it with foto? My friend said he would like a satin finish that is stained. Would this cause an issue with attachment to the shell?
Thanks

Jan 5, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #7,227 of 15,972
Can anyone help me with the preparation/process for making a faceplate out of wood? Do I coat the entire piece with foto then attach it with foto? My friend said he would like a satin finish that is stained. Would this cause an issue with attachment to the shell?
Thanks
Just a thought, but you could make a thin faceplate out of resin and glue the wood on that acrylic plate with super glue or gorilla glue. Then attach that plate to the shell using the resin as usual...after that you are free to sand it and curve it so it blends with the shell almost seamlessly.
Regarding the lacquer coating, you'll need to lacquer at least after the joint part and use a different buffing and/or lacquering technique for the wood if you want a satin finish. I bet a few guys here have other ideas.

Jan 6, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #7,229 of 15,972
Hello guys! I am back with some news about the progress. It has not turned out that great with the electronic filter. I have tried many different combinations of capacitor values and resistor values to make the best notch-filter.
When I tried different combinations on a breadboard, I found a great combination of a highpass-filter and a lowpass-filter. They work great independently! But combining them to make the notch-filter function is not working, no matter what I try...
I can only hear the lowpass-filter working, the high frequencies are not coming through at all.

So what exactly is the problem here? I have made a diagram of how I have connected these aswell as taken a picture of how it looks.
I know it is very crappily made, but it is just to try it out to see that it is even working. But since it is not working, I want to be able to know exactly where the problem lies.

filter_diagram.jpg
inear-filter2.jpg

Did I connect something in a bad way? Did I use the wrong components? Or did I miss something?

I tried using cheramic capacitors before, but they sucked away a huge part of the volume, it was barely any sound left.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thank you!

/Anders

Attachments

• filter_diagram.jpg
    filter_diagram.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 0
  • inear-filter.jpg
    inear-filter.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Jan 6, 2018 at 1:17 PM Post #7,230 of 15,972
Hello guys! I am back with some news about the progress. It has not turned out that great with the electronic filter. I have tried many different combinations of capacitor values and resistor values to make the best notch-filter.
When I tried different combinations on a breadboard, I found a great combination of a highpass-filter and a lowpass-filter. They work great independently! But combining them to make the notch-filter function is not working, no matter what I try...
I can only hear the lowpass-filter working, the high frequencies are not coming through at all.

So what exactly is the problem here? I have made a diagram of how I have connected these aswell as taken a picture of how it looks.
I know it is very crappily made, but it is just to try it out to see that it is even working. But since it is not working, I want to be able to know exactly where the problem lies.

Did I connect something in a bad way? Did I use the wrong components? Or did I miss something?

I tried using cheramic capacitors before, but they sucked away a huge part of the volume, it was barely any sound left.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Thank you!

/Anders

Why is there a three way parallel between the resistor, capacitor and transducer?

Attachments

• 26695321_1826706960682535_1737959937_o.jpg
    26695321_1826706960682535_1737959937_o.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back