Home DAC decisions
Jan 6, 2006 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Little J040

1000+ Head-Fier
I've got the bug again. After having my g-lite for a good 6 months im wantinga little more. The g-lite is a great amp i can't really complain about it at all. The only noticeable thing is the somewhat lean bass, but i really could care less.

I've been thourougly looking into dac's for home use, and im probably willing to spend up to 400$, this doesn't seem like enough, but im definately willing to get into the USED market. How does the micro dac shape up against other standalone home DACs???

Jan 6, 2006 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 6
I don't have it, been looking for one used, but no one gets rid of them. I would imagine both the DPS and a dac would be nice too, just more $$$

Jan 6, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #4 of 6
I think the Lites dedicated power supply runs about $200, you could go with that and pick up a DAC-AH from GR Research or a Dialogue II DAC from the builder off eBay and still come in at less than or a little more than the $400 budget.

Jan 7, 2006 at 2:49 AM Post #5 of 6
hm, good point.
Im so tempted to just buy both, but i know i shouldnt.. How does the dialogue II compare to others in its price range, micro dac or maybe scott nixon's tube dac

Jan 8, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #6 of 6
I'm bidding on the Mhdt Dialogue II Dac on ebay, for 189.99$ i figured what the heck. Theres 1 day left wish me luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back