Holy @#$%!! That's spicy!
Jun 3, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #46 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by JahJahBinks
It's kinda interesting to see that people who often eat spicy food are generally located in countries that have very hot weather in the summer, ironically the hotter the weather the more they enjoy spicy food.

actually, the real correlation is with wealth. hot food is typically eaten by poorer people who cannot afford tastier food. also, hotness adds enough flavor to otherwise bland food like rice, allowing poor farmers to get by with a bowl of rice + a chile.

Jun 3, 2006 at 9:21 PM Post #47 of 66
You'll be shyting red hot sand in the morning
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #49 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
You'll be shyting red hot sand in the morning
tongue.gif

More then that I think.

Jun 4, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #50 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach
Man, I feel for that poor guy who snorted wasabi.

Yeah, I looked up wasabi after.. it kills your sinus and stuff, nasty...

Jun 4, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #51 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denim
OK, what is it, where does it come from, what's in it, and how do you make it?

It's called tempe penyet. It's an Indonesian food. It's basically a fried tempe served with red thailand chilli.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #52 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by HD-5000
One half drop of this probably has more firepower than two of those dishes combined:

finalanswer.jpg

I have the other "Da Bomb" sauces too. They are only good for pranks. One drop in a serving of anything makes it too spicy for most to handle.

While the "Da Bomb" sauces may be hot, it doesn't hold a candle to Blair's 6 a.m. sauce:

blairs_6am.jpg

or Blair's 16 million, which actually insn't a sauce but pure pharmaceutical grade capsaicin crystals:

16millionReserve-jar.jpg

Both of those Blair's products are the hottest substance know to man. While it may be funny to add a drop of the other chili sauces into someones food unsuspectedly and watch them wince in pain, Blair's A.M. series of chili sauces (2 a.m. to 6 a.m.) and 16 million is something not to be messed around with. Serious injuries (burns or skin irritation) could result if you're not careful.

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #53 of 66
That looks soo nice! I love spicy food too! I like having chilli because I like the taste of them. I prefer the taste than the actual spicyness, although I don't really mind it. Did that make sense?!
icon10.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #54 of 66
You do realize that the reason the beef is spiced like that is to cover up the beef's rancid nature?

Extreme spiciness is usually used to cover up something's shortcomings...

LOL. Hope you enjoy! I'd try some of that, too.

Jun 5, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #55 of 66
Wow warubozu.

And I thought I was hardcore. Have you actually tried tasting the Blair's sauces or are they strictly for show?

Because the mere thought of tasting anything thats over ten times hotter than Final Answer makes me sweat blood.

Jun 5, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #56 of 66
Out of the complete a.m. series that I own, I've only tried Blair's 3 a.m.. I dropped half a teaspoon of that liquid evil into about a gallon of chili and it was way too hot just after the second spoonful. I ended up throwing away the entire pot because the only thing you could taste was extreme heat, like eating spoonful of molten metal. I had lost my sense of taste for nearly two days after eating that chili. The insides of my mouth felt raw and irritated that any liquid or food, hot or cold that I had put into my mouth stung like a bitch. I took some effort to eat and drink a few days after that experience that I soon won't forget how wicked Blair can make his sauces to be. You don't want to get any of it on your skin as soap and water won't wash away the burning sensation once you come into contact with it. If you do get it on your skin, you don't want to touch any other parts of you body with the affected area as it will spread the burn to the that area. When they recommend that you wear protective glove and or eye protection when handling these sauces, they aren't kidding around.

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:41 PM Post #57 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orpheus
actually, the real correlation is with wealth. hot food is typically eaten by poorer people who cannot afford tastier food. also, hotness adds enough flavor to otherwise bland food like rice, allowing poor farmers to get by with a bowl of rice + a chile.

Part of that might be true but I think there is a greater correlation with weather. Before there were refrigerators the only way to preserve meats in hot climates for a long period of time was with spices. If the wealth correlation were completely true, the poor in cold weather nations would be eating spicy foods as well but I haven't found this to be the case.

Quote:

It's kinda interesting to see that people who often eat spicy food are generally located in countries that have very hot weather in the summer, ironically the hotter the weather the more they enjoy spicy food.

Ironic only from a modern perspective, perfectly logical in the proper historical and technological context.

I love Szechuan food as well...it's so good but I'm always so conflicted when I'm eating it. I want more; no it's too hot; no, I want more!

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #58 of 66
If you are stuck on a remote island and have no food for three days, then on the fourth day you discovered a bowl of wabasi along with some of the hottest spices, would you eat it?

Jun 5, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #59 of 66
Quote:

If you are stuck on a remote island and have no food for three days, then on the fourth day you discovered a bowl of wabasi along with some of the hottest spices, would you eat it?

The wasabi and hot spices would help with all the insects that I would most definitely be eating.
icon10.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 10:31 PM Post #60 of 66
well if somebody's willing to eat his own dump for survival, then eating wasabi should be a no brainer... now if you turn around and ask "if you eat a bowl of wasabi, you can have britney spears for one nite", then let's see the responses!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back