Holy @#$%!! That's spicy!
Jun 3, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #31 of 66
I like spicy food, but mainly Mexican food. Not big on spicy Asian food since what little bit I've tried seems to be all spice and no flavour, although admittedly I have had very little spicy Asian food anyway. About the spiciest thing I will regularly eat is various items at Q'doba (a Mexican fast food place, similar to Chipotle) with habanero sauce. It just has such a good flavour and a nice kick to go along with it.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:02 PM Post #32 of 66
One half drop of this probably has more firepower than two of those dishes combined:

finalanswer.jpg

I have the other "Da Bomb" sauces too. They are only good for pranks. One drop in a serving of anything makes it too spicy for most to handle.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #34 of 66
I love spicy food, but to an extent that I can take it. If it's so hot that I can only have one small bite it isn't good. I've never listened to headphones while eating spicy food. I wonder what it's like...

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:07 PM Post #35 of 66
Man that looks good. I love spicy food, but as soon as i eat chillis the chemical reaction that takes place within me makes me need the toilet instantly. Doesnt stop me from eating and loving the spices....
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:13 PM Post #36 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
" The Final Answer "

the death of all tastes..

the death
tongue.gif

Indeed. My father snacks on pickled Habanero pepper, which is the hottest of all peppers, but after one go with TFA, he stays away as if it is poison. Which it sorta is.

Getting a microscoping amount on your fingers, then touching your face, eyes, or the you-know-what burns like no other.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:24 PM Post #37 of 66
that looks pretty crazy. i love spicy food also but there's only so much that i can take. if i want to eat extra spicy food, for example ma-la hot pot, then i need to plan ahead. just need to make sure that i'm not going to be traveling or going to be stuck in a long meeting just in case i need to make a run for the bathroom.

i remember the pain after my first time i had ma-la. then there's cluck-u in san jose. i thought that i could take the second to hottest wings that they had on the menu. boy was i wrong. not only was my mouth on fire but the next day wasn't fun either.

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:31 PM Post #38 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Duke_Of_Eli
I love spicy food, but to an extent that I can take it. If it's so hot that I can only have one small bite it isn't good. I've never listened to headphones while eating spicy food. I wonder what it's like...

i was going to make lewd and inapropriate comments here.

anyways, i am sick from work i went to go to my doctors first thing this morning, but apparently he is out at some convention or something. figures, the first time in a few years im ill enough to actually go to the doctor and he isnt there. i am feeling better now than i was 3 days ago, but i jsut want to make sure its not the calm between the tornado and huricane(s.) anyways, on the way home, i got detoured by the prospect of a sunday drive. this drive wound up taking me to a pseudolocal village. its about 15 miles from my home, and never takes less than 45 miniutes to get to. EVER!!! now this town's buisness district is actually a peninsula sticking out into the hudson river. there are 2 roads into it. one parallels the hudson, on the shore more or less. the other drives down the cliff, pretty straight. the first takes forever to come out to civilization again, the straight up one isnt that bad, car makes lots of power... so i went and got a baggel. i ate my baggel. then as i was leaving this town/village i get to the intersection of the 2 above mentioned roads, and jsut see soemone coming to the interestion- a pedestrian. i decide to wait, and im glad i did. wow, she was hot. soooo cuite. then i drove up the hill, and started my car (a standard transmitter, btw) in the middle of the cliff... all good. dont you all feel so great after reading my story?

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:44 PM Post #39 of 66
I've only had two instances where the food was so spicy that I had trouble eating it.

The first was in Rochester NY about 15 years ago, at 1:30 AM...we were eating Buffalo Wings. I love hot and spicy wings, but these things were insane. The fumes from the plate made my eyes burn.

The second was at a Thai restaurant about 10 years ago. I'd never had spicy Thai food prior to that, and ordered mine "hot". The waitress made sure that I understood that there's hot, and then there's Thai hot...but I didn't listen. Aye Carumba!! I couldn't eat more than two bites of this stuff. They insisted on giving me another meal, even though I insisted on paying for another dish...I'm thinking it was worth it to them to see some silly fool try to eat that stuff that they put down in front of me!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #41 of 66
Yeah, I'm from Sichuan, China. Going back this summer and absolutely can't wait to eat all the spicy food
biggrin.gif
There are some pretty solid Sichuan restaurants around here too and I always get the most authentic food I can find. Spicy food is amazing.

Jun 3, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #44 of 66
yeah, szechuan food is the best. if you eat in increments, you can build up a little tolerance over the course of dinner, and be able to eat the really hot stuff in the end. used to go with friends... i'd use up a whole stack of napkins wiping my running nose and the sweat would drench my shirt. but you gotta find the real authentic places.

order the dish they call "spicy cooked spicy" or some stupid variation of that. isn't all that... but the title is so stupid you gotta try it. it's really a dumb translation, but they call it that at every restuarant i've been to.

Jun 3, 2006 at 8:47 PM Post #45 of 66
It's kinda interesting to see that people who often eat spicy food are generally located in countries that have very hot weather in the summer, ironically the hotter the weather the more they enjoy spicy food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back