Holy @#$%!! That's spicy!
Jun 3, 2006 at 6:07 AM Post #16 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
Actually, I'm fine right now...I could still feel the burn as the meal settled in my stomach earlier, but presently no problemo. I'm sure things will sting a little later...but it's worth it.
very_evil_smiley.gif
As I mentioned, it was delicious...just insanely spicy!
eek.gif

Peace,

Graz

You must have one amazing stomach. If I put a grneade in them, and pull the pin, will your stomach feel anything?

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:22 AM Post #17 of 66
Last time I had spicy thai food I was VIOLENTLY ill for the next ~20 hours. The combination of MSG and spicy peppers just KILLED me... I was in the bathroom every hour that night and I had horrible stomach cramps. Immodium kind of helped but made my cramps worse.

Havent touched the stuff since.
confused.gif

I prefer vietnamese food when I want something spicy.
Hope you fare batter than I....

Garrett

Jun 3, 2006 at 11:26 AM Post #19 of 66
you need to adjust the color of your camera because to me it looks like a plate full of little turds and cut off chicken beaks. peace

Jun 3, 2006 at 11:28 AM Post #20 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
That looks the same going in as it will going out.

LOL, true, and then 1911's below comment blends beautifully.

Jun 3, 2006 at 11:39 AM Post #21 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911
...to me it looks like a plate full of little turds and cut off chicken beaks. peace

Oh, my original post was incorrect. That's actually exactly what it is...do not, I repeat do NOT underestimate the spiciness of a good plate of little turds and cut off chicken beaks.

Peace,

Graz

Jun 3, 2006 at 1:44 PM Post #22 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
Yes!! I tried some of that stuff last year...that is without question some of the spiciest stuff I have ever eaten. Definitely.

But man, this spicy beef here is NOT to be trifled with...I'm serious.

Peace,

Graz

I'm not saying it's to be trifled with... but the beef's only 2/3rds of the way p the list.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Thai food kicks butt - too no really authentic places in Vancouver. It's been a while since I had any in Singapore.

Jun 3, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #24 of 66
Haha, awesome! I'm going to print that picture out, and next time I go to the places around here that ask me how hot do I want this meal, I'm going to show them that picture.

Jun 3, 2006 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhwilkin
Haha, awesome! I'm going to print that picture out, and next time I go to the places around here that ask me how hot do I want this meal, I'm going to show them that picture.

Just go "Five Chilli, please!" and prepare to start smoking and smoldering out of the ears.
icon10.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #28 of 66
a good spicy meal is always worth a little fireass.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #29 of 66
You have to ask youself if the after effects are worth the meal. Since you already said that you will go back tomorrow, I bet it really was as great as you say. I'd love to try it myself, but don't expect to be in Asia anytime soon. I love spicy food, but I need a balance between spice and flavor. For me, too much spice kills the flavor.

Enjoy the food while you can. The day will come when you will most likely have to cut back on the spice. The good news is that after a month or so, you taste buds grow back.

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:01 PM Post #30 of 66
Dang, your making my mouth water. I absolutely love spicey food myself. But, yeah, that picture, definatly not doing the meal justice. Looks like guts and blood to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back