Sep 14, 2002 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Matthew-Spaltro

1000+ M-m-er:Larthenon Marthenon.
http://michaelmanning.homestead.com/

frown.gif
confused.gif
mad.gif

Sep 14, 2002 at 5:07 AM Post #2 of 5
What a mess! It's kind of hard to get the whole picture from a biased website, but it sure sounds like a miscarriage of justice has happened. The truth may never be known, but it sounds like Manning got a raw deal.

Sep 14, 2002 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 5
I'm apalled but not in the least bit shocked.I live in Illinois where 13 death row inmates have been freed due to wrongful convictions.There is a strong evidence that an innocent person was put to death in 1996 and this case is making it's way back to the courts now.I think criminals belong in jail and don't disagree with the death penalty,but I can't see it working if it doesn't work right.

Sep 14, 2002 at 1:00 PM Post #4 of 5
i don't think anyone should form an opinion on this case through such a biased website. the author was merely interpreting the facts instead of laying them out in an unbiased way. and his version of the facts were very poorly written and hard to understand.

Quote:

They found Michael guilty of third degree murder.

3rd degree murder? to my knowledge, there is no such thing.

regardless, it looks as though the appellate court reversed the trial court's verdict and remanded the case for a new trial. so, if the author is right and the defendant is innocent, the system worked.

Sep 14, 2002 at 2:52 PM Post #5 of 5
Third degree murder is the equivalent of manslaughter in most states. Some do call it third degree murder, however.

(The site said he's in federal prison, so it was probably a federal case; I don't know if federal law has third degree murder.)

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back