Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Mar 28, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #1,096 of 4,062
A friend of mine who had heard my Spring, and absolutely loved it placed an order for one which was supposed to be in this shipping batch, but it seems there's a delay of approximately 2-3 weeks due to cosmetic damage to the chassis during shipping to the Holo factory.
redface.gif
  He also said he was so impressed with my Spring that it's well worth the wait!
smile.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 7:14 AM Post #1,098 of 4,062
It would be great to know which customers are posting on here. I can't even keep up with the forums anymore.
But am quite limited to what I can say on here anyhow.

But we will be at canjam socal for those who may be interested to talk on person! I think I can say this on the forum. The downside to this is that our shipping for products will be delayed the week of the show due to us being at the show. Thanks for everyone's patience in advance! :)

I wanted to confirm Joseph's post about delays. Unfortunately we had a shipment of chassis parts end up damaged in shipping. The copper side panels. And this is causing about a 2+week delay for shipments to those who are awaiting/expecting their Dac to ship. We usually are pretty accurate on ship times but this is something out of our control. All we can say is we really appreciate those who are understanding and patients we are doing our best to meet the demand of this product and get everyone's Dac's to them asap!

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,099 of 4,062
  Hi, can you make a comparison with Ares? The whole Ares thread is over-hyped, maybe you could give some more realistic impressions. How much better Spring L3 is?

I have yet to receive my Holo Spring L3. bought it used from an individual in Canada. The shipment is stuck in San Fran. I am in Virginia. Hopefully I get it before the weekend.

Mar 28, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #1,100 of 4,062
Thyname... if you bought a KTE L3 then I can get your name attached to the serial for warranty based on the original sale date.
But when someone refers to L3, I don't know if they are talking about a different Dac or a genuine KTE L3. As it's a lot different than other versions of the Dac that are named L3.

To do away with confusion we will stop calling our KTE a L3 spring to avoid confusion. Simply call it KTE Spring since the mod list is so significantly different that other "L3" spring dacs. We had the first modded version and all mods approved by the original engineer, Jeff. Some other resellers and distributors use that term, L3 and offer some form of upgrade version, yet I know of at least two other distributors with their own versions.

Warranties from HoloAudio are valid along with trade up perks if you buy from HoloAudio HK or HoloAudioUSA which is KitsuneHiFi.

I would be happy to transfer the warranty if yours is a KTE model, or anyone else for that matter. All of the KTE serials are recorded and tracked and easy for me to verify/lookup.

I want to improve our customer service in any way we can. We try very hard to provide more personalized customer service to those who purchase directly from HoloAudioUSA and HoloAudioHK.

Mar 28, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #1,102 of 4,062
Warranties from HoloAudio are valid along with trade up perks if you buy from HoloAudio HK or HoloAudioUSA which is KitsuneHiFi.

Trade up perks???  So does this imply a way for customers to upgrade to the May DAC??  That would be cool!

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #1,103 of 4,062
Trade up perks???  So does this imply a way for customers to upgrade to the May DAC??  That would be cool!

You are correct. That was mentioned in an earlier post. If my memory is correct the May DAC should be a little more than a year off.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,106 of 4,062
  I believe its a higher spec Holo Spring than L3, I guess with design refinements from Jeff primarily and possibly some more Kitsune tweaks. But also mentioned was a PCM only version which I'm keen on that may be cheaper. 

It's a different model DAC that isn't going to be less expensive then the Spring "KTE". 
smile.gif

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:00 PM Post #1,107 of 4,062
As far as I know, the "May" DAC, which might have a different name upon release, is a completely different product than the Spring DAC. I'd guess it will have a different chassis and what not.  Also much more expensive. I seem to remember the $4000-4500 price point being thrown around, but I could be remembering incorrectly. I think it was 18 months or so until production? Could be wrong on that as well. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #1,108 of 4,062
There is a PCM only version planned but the May is intended to be a higher priced model ($3-4K) than the Spring. More features like a remote and LED lights indicating sampling rate were mentioned. Do a search in this thread for "May DAC" for more info.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,109 of 4,062
I see the May is a more upmarket product. I missed that comment. Its interesting as I would not rate the current Spring with Singxer/HDMI cable cheap. As it seems we need the Singxer to get the best sound which I find somewhat disturbing with the addition off yet another box and cable. I already have the infamous Intona which does some things well and confuses others in the USB input sound. Its a bandaid after all. Why DAC manufacturers can't get the internal inputs right is puzzling. But guess progress in different areas is leap frogging product output.

This ultimately means not spending above a certain amount(for me $2000US in total) as it will soon become out of date, the curse of digital.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #1,110 of 4,062
Hi, can you make a comparison with Ares? The whole Ares thread is over-hyped, maybe you could give some more realistic impressions. How much better Spring L3 is?

Ares thread over-hyped? Are you kidding? Why would you say it's over-hyped? I'd be interested to know whether you have even heard one?

The OP on the Ares thread preferred the Ares to a level 1 Holo Spring, not a level 3.
The Ares is a hell of a lot of Dac for the money, that's for sure.
And even better value with a 3 year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back