Holiday Savings for Klipsch Headphones
Dec 10, 2007 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

PeterDLai

Headphoneus Supremus
If any of you are in the market for a pair of IMAGE, Custom-1, or Custom-2 headphones, you can save $25-50 off by using the coupon code "Holiday".

More details can be found here.

I'm still holding out for the Custom-3 (dual-driver), and I hope some sort of promotion can be done for this model by the time they come out (keep your fingers crossed for a January release), either to Klipsch newsletter subscribers or the dedicated members here at Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 16
i really hope those custom-3's sound amazing. i want to see UE and shure get some more competition for their high-end lineup.

it'll be interesting if the c3's trounce the triple.fi and se530.

Dec 10, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #3 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i really hope those custom-3's sound amazing. i want to see UE and shure get some more competition for their high-end lineup.

it'll be interesting if the c3's trounce the triple.fi and se530.

theres nothing to suggest they will be competition for the top triple driver universals, they are dual drivers (not triple as the name misleads) and they are priced like dual driver phones and klipsch are a decent company so if they thought these could compete at the top they would understandably ask higher price

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:44 PM Post #4 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
theres nothing to suggest they will be competition for the top triple driver universals, they are dual drivers (not triple as the name misleads) and they are priced like dual driver phones and klipsch are a decent company so if they thought these could compete at the top they would understandably ask higher price

Of course this is straight from the lead designer's mouth so it's marketing in disguise, but here's what Professor Thump had to say about that:

"They sound so good I think we should raise the price to $499..." -Source

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 16
The Custom 3 are one of my future purchases.
I contacted Amy (the previous "Klipschgirl") to help her making known Klipsch headphones in Europe. While she was very interested initially, she stopped answering my latest PM's without an explanation. She must have been busy, or else I don't know.
This won't stop me from trying the Klipsch' top of the line in future.

Dec 10, 2007 at 10:59 PM Post #6 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterDLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course this is straight from the lead designer's mouth so it's marketing in disguise, but here's what Professor Thump had to say about that:

"They sound so good I think we should raise the price to $499..." -Source

biggrin.gif
but he would say that wouldnt he, all manufacturers will claim they are selling at a bargain or very reasonable price,but really if they was that good why not make the price higher. i would its called making a profit, if they are worth it then why sell at a loss, or losing out on more money

i tell you something if the price was higher i would be more tempted to buy aswell because it would lead me to think they must offer something quite special

Dec 11, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

biggrin.gif
but he would say that wouldnt he, all manufacturers will claim they are selling at a bargain or very reasonable price,but really if they was that good why not make the price higher. i would its called making a profit, if they are worth it then why sell at a loss, or losing out on more money

i tell you something if the price was higher i would be more tempted to buy aswell because it would lead me to think they must offer something quite special

No, don't raise the price! At least not until I get my pair.
wink.gif

Patiently waiting for the Custom 3s.

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:37 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Custom 3 are one of my future purchases.
I contacted Amy (the previous "Klipschgirl") to help her making known Klipsch headphones in Europe. While she was very interested initially, she stopped answering my latest PM's without an explanation. She must have been busy, or else I don't know.
This won't stop me from trying the Klipsch' top of the line in future.

Hi Antony,
I apologize for the lack of communication, but I simply do not have any new information for you until the Custom-3s are available, and I can get a gauge on initial quantities, distribution locations, etc. Soon.....very soon!!

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Maybe, but keep in mind Prof Thump is an engineer...not a sales or marketing guy. Engineers are less capable of BS, from my experiences...and they don't make commission
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2007 at 2:52 PM Post #11 of 16
It's unfortunate that these deals are only for the US.

Dec 13, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #12 of 16
I have a quick question, will the IMAGE earphone sound as good or maybe better than the Custom 3? The image is priced at $349 will the Custom 3 is priced at $299. Im thinkin the Custom 3 will sound better since they use multi-driver technology like the TF10P and E500.

Dec 13, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #13 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEMaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a quick question, will the IMAGE earphone sound as good or maybe better than the Custom 3? The image is priced at $349 will the Custom 3 is priced at $299. Im thinkin the Custom 3 will sound better since they use multi-driver technology like the TF10P and E500.

It's been reported several times by those who have tried both that the Custom-3 sounds better than the IMAGE, but some reviewers thought the IMAGE sounded almost as good. Most believe that the IMAGE was much more comfortable, however.

The difference in price between the two stems from the fact that the IMAGE by design costs more to produce (especially because of the micro-armature in the IMAGE).

Dec 13, 2007 at 11:01 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by antonyfirst /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many drivers are there in the IMAGE? Two?

One I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back