Jul 1, 2002 at 11:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KR...

Curator of the Headphone Lust Museum
Check this out :

http://www.hmscables.com/home.htm

openbox.jpg

closeup_lg.jpg

Quote:

HMS Cable (HMS Kabel), the German audiophile cable company already famous in Europe and Asia, is now ready to offer its products to the audio lovers of the United States. With HMS Cables, the American audiophile will get extreme audio performance for a fraction of what one might think.

Behind HMS stands Dr. Hans M. Strassner, the “brain” behind HMS Kabel, which has been successfully selling audiophile cables all over Europe and Asia for the past 12 years. Please read on why Dr. Strassner is capable of designing and offering what we feel are the best and most advanced cables in the world.

Mr. Hans M. Strassner, carrying a PhD in nuclear physics, is no stranger to technology. His company started out in the the early eighties building scientific amplifiers and high-precision technical instruments (including some that measure down to a billionth of a volt!) for US and German corporations. He even developed the world’s first hyperthermia device, used to treat cancer by overheating the cancer cells through microwaves.

Fortunately for the audio world, Dr. Strassner is also an audiophile.

You can read the rest at the site

Jul 2, 2002 at 8:25 AM Post #3 of 7
From their web page:

"With the Gran Finale TOP line interconnect's proprietary dielectric, the signal propagates at 97% of the speed of light."

"As the audio signal is passed through a conductor, an electromagnetic field is formed. If part of this energy escapes, then the part of the signal is lost"

"Mr. Strassner is one of the few people in the world with enough knowledge to be working on such projects"

Uhm, all I can say is, er... BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!

Man, that's REAL pseudo-science!!

Jul 2, 2002 at 5:06 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by AC1
Oh no, lets hope this thread doesnt turn into the whole mess with HMS cables as there is on AA.

Amen to that..that said, reviews of these cables have generally been quite positive, Tekunda's conduct notwithstanding.

Jul 2, 2002 at 7:24 PM Post #5 of 7
Well, I don't want to make fun this time, or even be sarcastic, now I'm talking seriously.

Doesn't the fact that they are claiming things that are irrefutably false from a scientific point of view, make you suspect they might be just cheating people?

Why do you still give them credit??

Just curious.

Jul 2, 2002 at 7:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally posted by Ricky
Well, I don't want to make fun this time, or even be sarcastic, now I'm talking seriously.

Doesn't the fact that they are claiming things that are irrefutably false from a scientific point of view, make you suspect they might be just cheating people?

Why do you still give them credit??

Just curious.

My background is finance and accounting, not engineering; I can't conclusively say that any of this is true or false. Go over my last message again: what I'm saying is that the (often harsh) critics at AA think these cables sound quite good. I haven't heard them so I can't provide a first-hand opinion.

- Wasif.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back