HM-801 New Amp Module Project
Aug 9, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #47 of 58
I would sugest the mini3 design from AMB, if we is willing to share or sell a license for it's use.

It is a great portable amplifier on par with most of the offerings from RSA, headamp, headroom and other manufacturers.

Oct 13, 2010 at 9:03 AM Post #49 of 58

I read something about a new balanced amp here (In the last comment).

"...With HIfiman releasing a balanced amp card soon ..."

http://www.headfonia.com/hifi-dap-comparison-hm-801-hm-602-qa350-boomslang/3/

But that may be as well originated from this thread
biggrin.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 6:27 AM Post #50 of 58
Fang, I would like you to develop something more simple: Why not an amp that had the same sound signature of the HM-601?

With the standard amplifier, I think the HM-801 is too bright with less bass, missing body and/or soul to their sound. Moreover, at least with my Shure SE530, there is a problem with sound tonality. I think it has a nasal sound

At first, I did not like the HM-801. I was expecting a similar sound signature to the HM-601, but even more space, depth, detail, etc..

I will not sell this unit, at least for now. I will give a chance to GAME amp and some other news that may arise for this player.

Cheers,

Peter

Feb 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #51 of 58
I got the Game amp and never looked back.  Originally i was using expensive external amps but now it with the Game it just isn't worth carrying the extra weight and bulk for the slight improvement over the Game unless i have mid to full sized on, and then i am carrying bulk and weight anyway.
wink_face.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #57 of 58
Hello everybody,

I moved back to China on April. I spent a whole month on renting house, set up office, etc. I went to Germany on May to attend Munich highend show. I apologize for my long time absent in headfi community. 

Balanced Amp module has been finished three month ago. However, I am not happy with the balanced amp module cover. We need another 4 weeks to finish the new amp module cover, then we will release the balanced amp module. 

About new HM-801 firmware: I will work with our software engineer on this before July. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back