HM-601 + SanDisk 32gb SDHC
Mar 26, 2011 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nod2mybeats

Head-Fier
Is anyone using this combo? What kinds of combos are you guys using? I just got my sd card today and I can't get the 601 to read it. It's a class 4 card and it shows up in all three of my personal computers, but my 601 just says "No file!" It's loaded with 10.1gb worth of level 8 flacs. I've tried seating and re-seating it while the player is on and off. I've reset the player twice. I even found and loaded the player with the previously posted HM-601-v0.05 IMG file firmware. Nothing works. It knows the card is set because when I try to scroll through the SD card tab when there's no card seated, it asks me to insert one. When I try to scroll through the SD card when while the card is seated, it finds no files. Won't the player read flacs off of an SD card?

Can someone offer advice in getting the player to read the card?

Mar 29, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #2 of 8
Have you put any music on the internal 8GB drive? Add some music to the 8GB internal, FLAC is fine and it should then be OK.

Mar 29, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #3 of 8
Yes, I have. And that works fine. But it doesn't solve my card problem. I have a completely legitimate 32gb card that I can't use.

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 8
Looks like I may have jumped the gun with my "solution". The problem is re-occuring for me too and I am using a Kingston 32GB Class 4.

Mar 29, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 8
Doen a quick search on here and there seem to be a number of threads related to this issue. There is a new firmware release for the 601 which apparently fixed this problem. I am going to give it a go.  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/541895/hifiman-hm-601-irritating-habit

Mar 31, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
Doen a quick search on here and there seem to be a number of threads related to this issue. There is a new firmware release for the 601 which apparently fixed this problem. I am going to give it a go.  http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/541895/hifiman-hm-601-irritating-habit

That's actually the first thing I tried.

"I even found and loaded the player with the previously posted HM-601-v0.05 IMG file firmware. Nothing works."

I didn't solve the issue for me, but hopefully it works for you. As of now, I still have a completely null 32gb card- as far as using it with the HiFiMAN.

Apr 2, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #7 of 8
I applied the latest firmware to mine and the cards now work fine. The cards I am using are Kingston 32GB Class 4 and Transcend 32GB Class 10. Have you tried a different card?

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 8
Oh good. Lucky you, I guess. Yeah I have, I currently use a SanDisk microSD 16gb card with an SanDisk microSD -> SD adapter. It's a temporary fix, but I've already used up about 12gb/16gb. So I really need to figure out what's up with this card. I know it isn't defective because it shows up on my personal computer and allows me to add all the songs onto it. I just can not get the 601 to read that card. And I've tried reformatting to other formats but only one even works (FAT-32 if I remember right)- so that one has to be it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back