HM-601 losing the SD card's songs
Jan 13, 2011 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

papomaster

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all!

I just bought a class 4, 16G SD card to use with my HM-601. I use the HM-601 to transfer files from the computer to the card. Seeing how slow it is, I just bought a SD card reader on ebay for about 5 bucks. However, my main hickup with the card is that when I upload them, the player reads them just fine, but whenever I turn it off it doesn't recognise the files on the SD card after that. To make the player read the files again I have to take out to SD card, then put it back in. Unfortunately, when I turn the player off again the same problem appears.

Anyone had the same problem and found an answer?

Jan 14, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #2 of 15
I had the exact same problem. This happened consistently when I filled the onboard flash first and then the SD card. I then deleted all files on the 601 and on the card. I put the card back in the 601 and connected it to my computer. Media Player then recognized the SD device first so I went with its selection to download. It never happened again. I haven't yet put any files on the onboard flash.
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Jan 14, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 15
The problem with media player is that it doesn't recognize flac files. Any other solutions I should try to put flac files on the SD card?

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 15
Thank you Kenm. I was having the same problem. Your solution worked well for me.  Loaded both with flac files and they are recognized like a charm!. BTW - the 601 I just received came with 8gig of internal memory.

Jan 14, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #5 of 15
Your problem may not be media player nor file format specific. Did you try the above suggestion? You can always use another blank SD card to experiment. 

Jan 15, 2011 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 15
Tried to drag and drop files in the SD card only after having emptied both the card and the player. It has the same problem, so I assume drap and drop isn't the right solution at all. How do I put songs on the SD card using windows media player if it can't recognize flac files?

Jan 18, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #9 of 15
use Mediamonkey and send your flack folers to the sd card, meidamonkey has been the best media player and file mangaer i have ever used. its easy, although you might want to to try plugging the card reader to other usb ports

Jan 20, 2011 at 5:13 PM Post #10 of 15
I tried using mediamonkey today, and the same problem appears. Whenever I turn it off, it doesn't recognize it... still have to put the SD card out then in again.

Jan 21, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 15

Quote:
Tried to drag and drop files in the SD card only after having emptied both the card and the player. It has the same problem, so I assume drap and drop isn't the right solution at all. How do I put songs on the SD card using windows media player if it can't recognize flac files?

I used wav instead so flac and media player weren't a problem.
Did you try changing SD card brands as someone suggested?

Mar 28, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #12 of 15
I had this exact problem and a found a fix.

I had added music (FLAC and mp3) to my Kingston 32GB SDHC(Class 4) but did not add any music to the HM-601's internal 8GB disk. After powering off and on again, the HM-601 lost all the music on my SD card and I had to eject the SD card and put it back in, to iniate the HM-601's scan of the SD card again.

I found that if you put some music on the internal 8GB, after powering it off and on again, it doesn't search the SD or internal disk again. Both mp3 and FLACs are recognised both on SD and internal.

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #13 of 15
With the other SD card I bought, the problem isn't there anymore, and I have files on the internal memory AND the SD card, so I guess the problem is related to the SD card not being compatible with the HM-601.

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #14 of 15
Did the new SD card work even if you did NOT have any music on the internal drive?
My 601 stopped exhibiting that behaviour of losing the SD card contents only after I had also added music to the internal drive.
I've also got a Sandisk SDHC 32GB (Class 10) - I'll try the same experiment of not adding any music to the internal drive and see if the 601 behaves the same way.
My gut feeling is that it will lose the contents of the SD card until I have added music to the internal card - I'll report back.

Mar 29, 2011 at 6:34 AM Post #15 of 15
OK, tested the Sandisk and the same issue occurs. So, as long as you have at least one track on the internal drive, the HM-601 does not lose any music from the SD cards. However, seeing that it comes with 8GB inbuilt, I dont know why you wouldnt want to make use of it....unless like me, you go steaming in with your SD card and forget about the internal drive...and then run into the issue...lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back