Hit by a drunk...
Jan 1, 2009 at 8:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

ArmAndHammer

Headphoneus Supremus
There I am, I am driving down the road, with a prisoner in the back seat of my cruiser heading to the county jail and WHAMMMM !!!! a drunk driver hits me head on. How great is that? Not really injured since luckily the drunk driver struck the embankment before crossing the center line and hitting me so he was slowed down a good bit. I am sore as hell and my shoulder is possibly re-injured. I just returned less than a month ago to full duty after having shoulder surgery from an injury I sustained in August while on duty. I think it is time for me to find a new job.

Jan 1, 2009 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmAndHammer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There I am, driving down the road, a prisoner in the back seat of my cruiser heading to the county jail...

I had to re-read that a few times before I understood that you weren't the prisoner in the back seat O_O

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:00 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone's worst nightmare is hitting an officer on New Year's...

Bet you made his night, eh?

I think he had to go to surgery to have some of the car seat removed from his ass. Talk about pucker factor...lol

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #6 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to re-read that a few times before I understood that you weren't the prisoner in the back seat O_O

Haha...yeah, luckily I was driving...lol

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

I think he had to go to surgery to have some of the car seat removed from his ass.

I take it back, then. That made his night.

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How unfortunate. I'm sure the drunk driver will be MASSIVELY penalized for hitting you though...

Sadly the judicial system where I live/work sucks so I doubt it will be much more than a slap on the wrist. That is one of many reasons I am getting out of this line of work and going back to school in 14 days. Not leaving the job that soon. Unfortunately I have to continue to work while I am in school, however I will be looking for a different job.

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:02 AM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Sadly the judicial system where I live/work sucks so I doubt it will be much more than a slap on the wrist. That is one of many reasons I am getting out of this line of work and going back to school in 14 days. Not leaving the job that soon. Unfortunately I have to continue to work while I am in school, however I will be looking for a different job.

There isn't more of a penalty for hitting law enforcement than there is for a regular case of drunk driving accidents? Thats just silly.

Jan 1, 2009 at 10:36 AM Post #10 of 34
Best wishes, and may you have a quick recovery!

Jan 1, 2009 at 1:21 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

There I am, driving down the road, a prisoner in the back seat of my cruiser heading to the county jail and WHAMMMM !!!! a drunk driver hits me head on.

An event which pretty much captures the mystique of both drunk driving and uniform police work. I went back to school twenty-eight years ago after five years of similar circumstances and the desire to work and socialize with a better class of people. Worked for me. But I can still spot a "client" from some distance.
biggrin.gif
Good Luck to you.
beerchug.gif

Jan 1, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #12 of 34
Quote:

Meh. Same here. Too slow. Need sleep. Rough night. Happy new year.
redface.gif

Anyway I hope you recover quickly. It is a nasty way to celebrate the new year.

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:32 PM Post #13 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Everyone's worst nightmare is hitting an officer on New Year's...

Ahh I couldn't even imagine how I'd feel if I hit an officers car
eek.gif
I though the punishment would be more severe though...

I hope your shoulder feels better. Best wishes for you this coming year :]

Jan 1, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #15 of 34
Quote:

redface.gif

I read that and was like; wait you are driving and your in the back seat? What

He should have put "There I am, driving down the road with a prisoner in the back seat of my cruiser..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back