HiSoundAudio V 3rd Anniversary not staying on.....
Mar 29, 2021 at 4:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

red71rum

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I know this thing is super old as DAPs go, and it was never that great, but I decoded to work on mine again to see if I could get it going... Maybe nobody has one anyone more, but I took it apart last year and it was super clean inside, battery looked fine. But, it will only stay on when connected via usb cable to the wall charging or when hooked into my iMac. I did not put a memory card in, but copied a couple of albums to the root dir. After disconnecting and reconnecting the usb cable to a power source, it finally came to the menu system (otherwise it would continuously go through saying hifi studio over and over) It will play tracks when powered, looks like it might be charging, but does not hold a charge. Anyone ever fool with one of these? I have firmware 2011.12.23 installed.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #6 of 6
I connected it to a 2.1amp usb to charge, hit reset after seeing the blue and red leds on the bottom. I initially got a low battery voltage, but it is supposedly charging albeit without any leds now lit on the bottom. I bet the battery is toast, could use it plugged into power, but what is the point when it is a portable dap?: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back