Hisoundaudio STUDIO-V Review
Jan 25, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #181 of 830
Sounds like you could use a good electrican who could properly ground you.   Its best to also not fly kites during electric storms!
evil_smiley.gif

"I still get it on certain tracks. Not sure why this is but its there for me. The amp will also clip at times when I'm building up electricity in my body lol. Like cooking and such. That's in combination with my silver cable on my IE80s. I would actually like to send some of the tracks I'm having this issue with to other Studio V owners to confirm this."

Jan 25, 2012 at 5:10 PM Post #183 of 830

Quote:
I still get it on certain tracks. Not sure why this is but its there for me. The amp will also clip at times when I'm building up electricity in my body lol. Like cooking and such. That's in combination with my silver cable on my IE80s. I would actually like to send some of the tracks I'm having this issue with to other Studio V owners to confirm this.

Well, I'll be an owner imminently, so if you let me know what tracks they are I'll download them.

Jan 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM Post #185 of 830

Quote:
I still get it on certain tracks. Not sure why this is but its there for me. The amp will also clip at times when I'm building up electricity in my body lol. Like cooking and such. That's in combination with my silver cable on my IE80s. I would actually like to send some of the tracks I'm having this issue with to other Studio V owners to confirm this.

You are more than welcome to send me some of the tracks and I will check out if I hear the same or/and if my Studio behaves the same way. Just don't use Megaupload, I have heard that their servers are a bit slow these days..

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #189 of 830

Quote:
Do current owners still recommend the studio-v?

me.
i would recommend it if youre looking for details and soundstage in a dap.
its like an iem (um3x). it has a very nice instrument separation and detail retrieval. it is bass light for me, unlike the imod.
if youre into warm, and bassy..go for imod.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #190 of 830

Quote:
Do current owners still recommend the studio-v?

I think its very well worth owning. For portability, durability, and long battery life its an excellent DAP. Its in no way perfect but its is quite close to it IMO. Now for sensitive IEMs such as BA drivers the impedance can be an issue. Just throwing it out there for you guys. Now with an impedance adapter that can help but it can also have undesired effects. When it comes down to it its just up to you. Now pairing the V with my IE80s is a dream come true. A very good pairing. While I can still hear hiss on low passages generally when the music is playing at a reasonable level I can't hear hiss at all. And the sound is very dynamic and detailed.

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #191 of 830

Quote:
me.
i would recommend it if youre looking for details and soundstage in a dap.
its like an iem (um3x). it has a very nice instrument separation and detail retrieval. it is bass light for me, unlike the imod.
if youre into warm, and bassy..go for imod.

It pairs well with phones that are more on the bassy and warm side. It gives them more detail. Now with headphones that are already bass light or very treble happy its not such a good pairing. I get irritated listening to my FX700 on it. I'm in a dilemma though... If I sell my 601 I most likely will sell my FX700 as not even the DX100 pairs as well with my FX700 as the Hifiman 601 does :frowning2:

Jan 26, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #193 of 830

Quote:
I am lovning mine. Im using it on the go with my Spiral Ear REF 5 - and I think it is a fantastic combo!

Is that the SE 5 way custom? So the impedance doesn't mess up the sound signature. I was told that the high impedance is an issue with BA drivers and the hiss is really bad?

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #194 of 830
Is that the SE 5 way custom? So the impedance doesn't mess up the sound signature. I was told that the high impedance is an issue with BA drivers and the hiss is really bad?

Says who? It isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. I've used my 6BA Miracle and dual BA PFE232's with the Studio-V countless times, and they sound great. 
smile.gif

Jan 26, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #195 of 830

Quote:

Says who? It isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be. I've used my 6BA Miracle and dual BA PFE232's with the Studio-V countless times, and they sound great. 
smile.gif

Well I guess some are just more bothered by hiss than others are. But you are using an adapter, I'm kinda jealous that is working out for you ie2han lol. Still waiting for my gold impedance cable to show up. Would love for it to work without sacrificing any of the sound quality like the 75 Ohm adapter does on my IE80s. I'm also wondering if this is due the silver plating? Does yours have gold plating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back