hisoundaudio Studio-V 3rd Anniversary is rattling?
Dec 29, 2012 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

hopkinsdrums

New Head-Fier
Hello all. Longtime lurcher and new member. I recently received hisoundaudio's 3rd Anniversary Edition Studio-V DAP for Christmas, and I love this little player. I'm beyond pleased with it. However, this evening after picking it up from my desk, I noticed it was rattling, as though a small part was loose on the inside. This worries me because I've only had the DAP out of the box for three days, and I've never once dropped it; in fact I've spoiled it with how gingerly I've treated it in the short time I've had it. Does anyone know what this is? Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone know how I could get support? My understanding is that hisound's support is garbage. Thanks all!

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 18
It's probably the battery rattling around inside. Not much inside there really, about $25 worth of electronics so I've heard.

Here's what it looks like inside.

Take note of the cheap audio chip Hisound chiseled the top of so you can't make out what it is. :smile:

Probably easier to open it up and stick the battery back down with double sided tape, otherwise you'll need to send it back.

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:35 AM Post #4 of 18
Could you possibly explain how to open it? Thanks much for the help!

I don't know how to open it sorry. I think the backplate is stuck down and you must remove that first to access some screws.

Don't quote me on that though. Contact this member, he's opened one up before.

http://www.head-fi.org/u/169070/lee730

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 18
Thanks. I actually just found on a website how to open it. However, I'm not sure that it's the battery. From the looks of it the battery is pretty big, and this sounds like a little piece floating around. Any ideas?

Dec 29, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #6 of 18
Thanks. I actually just found on a website how to open it. However, I'm not sure that it's the battery. From the looks of it the battery is pretty big, and this sounds like a little piece floating around. Any ideas?

Niot sure man, it might be the little cover they place over that audio chip.

Come back and tell us what it was please.

Dec 29, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #7 of 18

Alright, it appears the problem was that one of the small screws holding down the electronics on the inside came out. I screwed it back down and now all is well. Phew.

However, when I looked at the battery, it looked as though battery acid may have been leaking. It may just have been adhesive, but it was sort of grainy, and looked not much like adhesive. I'm trying to attach a photo but it says "there was a problem submitting this to the server." 

Dec 29, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #12 of 18
Quote:
Quote:
Well that didn't work...

to insert an image click on here

New users can't post images. I've fixed it so he can now though. 
smile.gif

Dec 29, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #15 of 18
That looks like either adhesive from where it came off the case or perhaps the screw was lodged there for a while causing the issue. Does it seemed burnt? If so, see if Hisound will send you a new battery and refer to this thread. If not, just put it back and call it a day. Unfortunately, most manufacturers frown on home repairs.

Ignore all comments on parts cost. Yes, they actually make money on it. If it's sound meets your approval for what you paid, be happy.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back