Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Jul 4, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #287 of 1,483
Quote:
Man, I miss mine.  Was such a nice sounding dap.  I think I'll jump on the next flagship unit when it's released.  

You sold yours? I remember you had a bunch of problems with it though.... Any word when you'll be demoing the 1Plus2? The reset of the US guys should be coming up soon I'd think. Seems like this tour is gonna span past a year lol.

Jul 4, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #288 of 1,483
OK, I give up, sent Jack an email about my non functioning Studio Anniv, see if he has ideas (other than back to China)

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #289 of 1,483
I doubt it. Unless he can send you a battery and you solder it into the device. Well then again that's probably not the issue as you said you still can't get it to go past the beginning of the firmware. So no music right even when plugged in? It's RMA time. Sorry :frowning2:.

Jul 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #290 of 1,483
Quote:
You sold yours? I remember you had a bunch of problems with it though.... Any word when you'll be demoing the 1Plus2? The reset of the US guys should be coming up soon I'd think. Seems like this tour is gonna span past a year lol.

I ended up selling it because of the UI.  It could the perfect player if that gets fixed cuz everything else is superb.  

I just assumed the the 1Plus2 tour fizzed for some of us.  I haven't heard a thing.  

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #291 of 1,483
studio starting to open up , sound from tis little thing is so beautiful.. I'm a basshead .. was basshead , now i starting to like mids and highs more.. they are so realistic , perceptible and natural .

Jul 6, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #294 of 1,483
Quote:
does anyone know if the custom iem Heir Audio 8A pairs well with the studio v 3rd?

It's ok with them but I don't really like the pairing very much. I prefer the Nova N1 to the Studio V pairing as well as the AK120 with the 8A. Still the N1 sounds best with them IMO but the N1 has many issues of its own....

Jul 6, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #295 of 1,483
oh i see, what makes you not like the pairing?  
i'm looking for a musical and 'fun sounding' custom iem with lots of emphasis on the mids.  i'm not a fan of high/harsh trebles.

i still love my yuin pk1 but i'd like to spoil myself even more and aim for the ultimate portable rig.  so i'm considering a top tier custom iem that will hopefully do justice.  could you recommend me some custom iems that might pair well with the studio v 3rd?

thank you

Jul 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #298 of 1,483
Quote:
oh i see, what makes you not like the pairing?  
i'm looking for a musical and 'fun sounding' custom iem with lots of emphasis on the mids.  i'm not a fan of high/harsh trebles.

i still love my yuin pk1 but i'd like to spoil myself even more and aim for the ultimate portable rig.  so i'm considering a top tier custom iem that will hopefully do justice.  could you recommend me some custom iems that might pair well with the studio v 3rd?

thank you

Well in terms of bass the Studio actually helps to tame the 8As bass. That really isn't the main issue although there still is slightly more bass than I'd like. It's the treble that goes out of hand and gets fatiguing after a while on the 8A. The pairing is ok but it's not the best I've heard the 8As sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back