Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
May 30, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #106 of 632
The BA sound really nice with my SM3's rev. 2. The full musical spectrum is captured nicely with a nice combination of detail, instrument separation, and musicality. I'm quite impressed and really enjoying these. 

May 31, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #107 of 632
Hi, my BA just went dead and cannot be turn on. Reset button bring me to Repair and Format but when I select OK, nothing happens and the it don't seems to response with any button I click except the up/down button. After a few tries, there was a flash message which says Note!! and below there's some more text below like Need ??????? that i didn't see as it just was displayed for only 1-2 second. Anyone have any idea what's wrong with my BA? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

May 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #108 of 632
Have you dropped Jack a message at Hisoundaudio, he replies pretty quickly and is really helpful..I have a RoCoo-P and have not encountered anything like that. If all else fails, try reflashing...wished I could be of more help.

Jun 1, 2012 at 2:42 AM Post #109 of 632
Ok, have PM Jack and his reply was to try the reset button which I did without success.
The other option suggested is to reinstall firmware and still waiting for him to reply as I'm not sure which is the correct firmware to use from their web support page. So, can someone please kindly help me out with this along with some instructions with the process of installing the firmware. I've read the Hisound Studio And Rocoo Firmware File Thread and would like to know if the steps to installing the firmware is the same for the BA. Right now, my laptop can't detect the BA when connected.Also after I pressed the reset button and clicked on the center button there's a message which prompt me to repair and format drive. Selecting ok did not get any response and the screen will remain displayed until I press on the reset button again. I'm a little long winded here but please bear with me as I'm still a noob with all this stuff and really need a helping hand. Many thanks

Jun 1, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #111 of 632
Thanks TemplarUK, appreciate that you are trying to help. Anyway, I don't think there's anything I can do now bcos my pc & laptop cannot detect the BA. Message note on BA was to repair & format drive and since it can't be detected, I don't think I have the technical know how to resolve my issue.

Actually, I was already having a minor bug from day one regarding charging of the battery that never stops after more than 10 hours. Email sent and a reply saying it's just a minor bug. Load some mp3 on 2nd day and listen to it for a while before leaving it to burn in. Charged on the third day and it went dead.

While I wait for a response, I would appreciate if anyone who might have an idea to rectify this problem to kindly advise me. Thanks in advance.

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #114 of 632
Quote:
^ It works with the firmware installed. Not sure why you'd need a download.

Yes, it does work. Just want to play around with it considering the fact that it shares the same firmware with Rocoo P. 
wink.gif

Jun 8, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #116 of 632
I have a BA on the way and am wondering if it has a LOD (or equivalent)? If so, would there be any benefit in using an external amp, such as the 4G?

Apologies if this has been discussed previously - I couldn't find anything using the 'precise as a dice' search function.

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM Post #117 of 632
I have a BA on the way and am wondering if it has a LOD (or equivalent)? If so, would there be any benefit in using an external amp, such as the 4G?

Apologies if this has been discussed previously - I couldn't find anything using the 'precise as a dice' search function.

It's got the USB connection, so presumably you could use that. No idea if if would be an improvement.

Jun 8, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #118 of 632
Quote:

I don't think an external amp is needed for it. The LOD is really only good for Ipod's (and perhaps other devices?) that have sound through the headphone connection that needs improvement.

For the BA, you can get a portable amp, and run it through the line-out (headphone connection), but you may find that it really is not needed.

The volume of the sound coming out of the BA is fine, and quality is excellent. Those are the two reasons why one would use an external amp.

Jun 9, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #119 of 632
Quote:
I don't think an external amp is needed for it. The LOD is really only good for Ipod's (and perhaps other devices?) that have sound through the headphone connection that needs improvement.

For the BA, you can get a portable amp, and run it through the line-out (headphone connection), but you may find that it really is not needed.

The volume of the sound coming out of the BA is fine, and quality is excellent. Those are the two reasons why one would use an external amp.

Thanks for your responses. I understand that an amp is not needed for the BA, but was wondering if the already excellent audio quality would undergo further improvements with amping. I.E. Has anybody tried tried it? I know people amp similar (albeit much more expensive) daps such as the DX100 and Hifiman 801, so why not amp the BA (form factor aside)?

Jun 9, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #120 of 632
Thanks for your responses. I understand that an amp is not needed for the BA, but was wondering if the already excellent audio quality would undergo further improvements with amping. I.E. Has anybody tried tried it? I know people amp similar (albeit much more expensive) daps such as the DX100 and Hifiman 801, so why not amp the BA (form factor aside)?

The main argument against amping it via the headphone jack is doubling amping. If you're planning to treat it as a DAC, then using the usb as your output is probably the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back