Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Apr 28, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #18 of 632

Quote:

31 Ohm/118 db

Hmm while I find the IE80s to pair very well with the Studio V the Hiss can get irritating on certain tracks. It's also a very apparent his, not subtle. Are the IE80s more sensitive then the W4s? The Silver Cable also makes them even more sensitive...

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:24 AM Post #19 of 632
Hello, in fact, the Studio and Rocoo P volume are equal, for example on 13 with my W4 to have a nice volume.

With the Rocoo BA, to have the same volume (13 with Studio and P), you have to put it on 16/31... so, lot of power remaining.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #20 of 632
There's absolutely no hiss with my w4 using the BA.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #21 of 632

Quote:
Hello, in fact, the Studio and Rocoo P volume are equal, for example on 13 with my W4 to have a nice volume.
With the Rocoo BA, to have the same volume (13 with Studio and P), you have to put it on 16/31... so, lot of power remaining.

So you have all three? How does the Rocoo BA fair against the Studio V. Please be specific such as details of imaging, instrument separation, clarity, bass slam, treble extension, etc :). Thanks

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #22 of 632
The BA is a lot more like the V than the P. I find the BA to be more airy and balanced than the P. The P is more warm with a little bit more bass than the BA. The BA is more refined, precise and crisp than the P.

The BA has less bass quantity than the P but the quality is better, it can go deeper and is more controlled, at the same time, slam is very good, the same as the V.

Medium on BA are beautiful like the V and in proportion, are more present than the P.

The main difference between the BA and the V is the treble. On BA, they are a little bit more present giving a mor airy impression of the sound.

I can simplify like this:

Bass quality:
1. BA
2. V
3. P

Bass quantity:
1. P
2.V and BA

Medium quantity (by a little margin):

1.V and BA
2.P

Medium quality:
1. V
2.BA
3. P

Treble quality:

1. V and BA
2. P

Treble quantity:

1. BA
2.P
3.P

Soundstage:

1. V and BA
2.P

Instrument separation:

1. V
2. BA
3. P

Dynamics:

Almost the same for the 3 player but perhaps a little bit more for the V.

Take this just with a grain of salt as it's just my impressions.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #23 of 632
As I said on my review, It's so difficult to make a clear difference between the BA and the V... the sound signature aim is the same... natural, fluid, lively, crisp, realistic... for both. If I had to do a blind test with both, I think it would be difficult to really make a difference.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #24 of 632
No worries. I asked you for your opinion and I'll respect it. I really hope the BA sounds as good as you feel. If so then I am gonna be very happy (close to the Vs performance and without hiss :).

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #25 of 632
If I would simplify to the max it's exactly what I would say: Very close to the V witout the Hiss issue...:)

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #26 of 632

Quote:
If I would simplify to the max it's exactly what I would say: Very close to the V witout the Hiss issue...:)

If that's the case then all we need is a luxury version with the long battery life of the V :wink:. Is the outer body Metal like the V or is it plastic?

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:45 AM Post #27 of 632
The side is in metal, the front and the back is in plastik... it's clear that even if the Rocoo has a very nice design, it's not as nice and beautiful as the V.

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:20 PM Post #28 of 632

Quote:

Hmm while I find the IE80s to pair very well with the Studio V the Hiss can get irritating on certain tracks. It's also a very apparent his, not subtle. Are the IE80s more sensitive then the W4s? The Silver Cable also makes them even more sensitive...

Yes, I would assume so. I also have a pair of EX600 where there's much more hiss with both the V and P than with my W4.  I wonder what the output impedance of the Rocoo-BA actually is? 

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #30 of 632

Quote:
Hopefully we won't need a Rocoo "Dynamic Sens" :wink:

Lee,lol, I hope not, but you can always sell your Senns. IE80 :)) if they don't match with the Rocoo-BA, I think that this would be easier than HS building a unit for individual preferences, or maybe that's an idea and the future to come, building and selling custom DAP's 
wink_face.gif
  specified to match a particular IEM/CIEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back