HiSoundAudio HSA-BA100 **BLACK** !
Dec 17, 2013 at 10:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MrJoshua

500+ Head-Fier
I just received my new Black HSA-BA100 IEMs direct from HiSoundAudio!

I contacted Jack at HSA to ask a few questions about the standard BA100 earphones and he mentioned that he was releasing a new version which was black and had "15% better sound", which apparently means that they are more detailed, so I thought it would be rude not to get these instead of the original white versions.

I'm still letting them burn in / doing non-critical listening, but first impressions are that they have improved quite a lot in the past three hours already.  They sound much smoother / less gritty now and are very pleasant to listen to.

I'm using them with medium silicon tips and with the wire over the ear to minimise microphonics.

It looks like the box and accessories are the same as the original version (apart from the fish, which is now black).

I'll post an update with a review once I'm happy that the sound has stabilised and I have time to do some comparisons and critical listening.

But, for now, here are some photos!

etysmile.gif

Dec 17, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #2 of 7
Reserved for Review.

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #4 of 7
LOL I don't think the colour has anything to do with the sound... I think they took the opportunity to improve some aspect of the sound while releasing it in a new colour.

Driving them with my Fiio E12 at the moment and they sound a lot more punchy.

Dec 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #6 of 7
I'm assuming they're available now by request, direct from HSA.

I paid for expedited delivery...  They shipped on Saturday the 14th from China and arrived with me in the UK today (Tuesday 17th)!  Impressive stuff from TNT couriers.

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #7 of 7
I just received my new Black HSA-BA100 IEMs direct from HiSoundAudio!

I contacted Jack at HSA to ask a few questions about the standard BA100 earphones and he mentioned that he was releasing a new version which was black and had "15% better sound", which apparently means that they are more detailed, so I thought it would be rude not to get these instead of the original white versions.

I'm still letting them burn in / doing non-critical listening, but first impressions are that they have improved quite a lot in the past three hours already.  They sound much smoother / less gritty now and are very pleasant to listen to.

I'm using them with medium silicon tips and with the wire over the ear to minimise microphonics.

It looks like the box and accessories are the same as the original version (apart from the fish, which is now black).

I'll post an update with a review once I'm happy that the sound has stabilised and I have time to do some comparisons and critical listening.

But, for now, here are some photos!

:etysmile:  

Just one question ..would like to get this baby ...but i check around here in head fi ..the box have a kind of sticker on the right bottom of the box front while the pic you posted does not have that sticker ...the website I wanted to buy also does not have that sticker ...did ask around fellow headfier ..they mentioned it is some sort of security sticker.

Any thought ?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back