Hisound BA100 IEM Appreciation Thread.
Oct 29, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #166 of 240
@ goodvibes

Quick question - how does the 4 pole TRS work with your Studio V ANV3?  Do you need an adaptor - or does it work OOTB?

Oct 30, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #168 of 240
  hi,Kalbee

We 100% response the emails we got no matter whatever they are. So, I don't know what has happened with your emails. By the way,there are many ways to reach us via telephone, emails, skype. by checking our website or directly PM me.
Try it again.thanks.

Well... I just sent another one. Hopefully this one goes through (?) since my previous mail was sent Sept. 22, 2013. Been waiting for news ever since, although surely enough you're a busy man and not a RSS feed.

In any case... skype! I didn't know that.
The website doesn't work well for me. They refuse to load... but anyway. I'll just PM you next time if I have anything urgent.

Oct 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #169 of 240
My source is the iPod Classic. I haven't tried them on my desktop, but my a-JAYS Five sound lovely through my source. I will see about getting another review pair, but I'm not excited at all about receiving them. I loved the fit, that was great.

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #171 of 240
I e-mailed Jack, my HiSound contact and he doesn't want to replace the BA100 to get a proper review. I am going to have to stand by my opinion then of the BA100. 

As for my source, I plugged them into my Asgard 2, to humor every one, the sound is still distorted and has a very artificial tone to it. Pass on these and get something like the DUNU Trident, Meelectronics M6 or many of the other great budget IEMs.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #172 of 240
huh? What happened? I had better experience with Jack/HiSoundAudio.

Oct 31, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #173 of 240
  huh? What happened? I had better experience with Jack/HiSoundAudio.

Headphones are defective, creating huge distortion. Received them as a review sample and I let Jack know. He doesn't want to replace them so I'm going to have to report that the BA100 as I experience them.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #174 of 240
Letting him know after slamming them isn't the same as due diligence. He probably was upset at your extreme comments on something that you now say is defective. Something that should easily have been suspected after reading other takes by respected members. Not replacing them when contacting him after the slam instead of before isn't about him not wanting a proper review but (rightly or wrongly) concern about being able to get one. If you paid for them, he'd replace them. I find the M6 a few levels below these.

Oct 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #175 of 240
  Letting him know after slamming them isn't the same as due diligence. He probably was upset at your extreme comments on something that you now say is defective. Something that should easily have been suspected after reading other takes by respected members. Not replacing them when contacting him after the slam instead of before isn't about him not wanting a proper review but (rightly or wrongly) concern about being able to get one. If you paid for them, he'd replace them. I find the M6 a few levels below these.

You're right I came off harshly, for that I apologize. I must say though, that I felt my time wasted due to poor quality control. I'm not sure if that quality I hear, outside of the distortion, is what you guys are hearing, but compared to the many IEMs under $50 that I've heard, these are nothing I would recommend. Maybe you guys are hearing something else though.

Oct 31, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #177 of 240

Hey all, I just received my pair of BA100 today (on Halloween), so I'll be posting my review/comparison with the RE-400 in about a week if anyone's interested.

Also, whoever said that the O2 doesn't work with the TRRS plug, my experience differs. I am currently listening to the BA100 through my O2 right now.

Quote:

You're right I came off harshly, for that I apologize. I must say though, that I felt my time wasted due to poor quality control. I'm not sure if that quality I hear, outside of the distortion, is what you guys are hearing, but compared to the many IEMs under $50 that I've heard, these are nothing I would recommend. Maybe you guys are hearing something else though.

Although I don't wholly agree that this is the worst thing I've heard for >= $50 or have any build quality QC issues, I can see where the whole "artificial" think keanex is coming from. Initial AB'ing with the RE400 makes the BA100 sound quite artificial, but this is just my out of the box impression. I don't believe in burn/break-in, especially not for BA's, but I'll post my review after a week to satisfy those who believe in burn/break-in.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #178 of 240

Although I don't wholly agree that this is the worst thing I've heard for >= $50 or have any build quality QC issues, I can see where the whole "artificial" think keanex is coming from. Initial AB'ing with the RE400 makes the BA100 sound quite artificial, but this is just my out of the box impression. I don't believe in burn/break-in, especially not for BA's, but I'll post my review after a week to satisfy those who believe in burn/break-in.

Suggestion - to give them a fair shot (which is what I do when reviewing)

Listen to them, and only the BA100 for approx 2-3 days.  The problem with initial impressions - especially against a headphone that you know well, and that your ears have adjusted to - is that often your hearing and subsequent impression is coloured by what you are used to.

I'll give you an example (using two popular full sized cans).  HD600 is recognised a both reasonably neutral - but very natural sounding - slight mid-bass hump, and some people see it as slightly too laid back.  K702 is also relatively flat - but with very neutral (some say lighter than neutral) bass, and a bit of a lift in the upper mids and highs.

Someone who is used to the K702 and hears the HD600 for the first time will say that it is bassy, slow, and dark - with a small sound stage.
Someone who is used to the HD600 and hears the K702 for the first time will say it is bass light, very bright and has an artificially large sound stage.

For a review - whilst this is what they hear initially - neither description is accurate.  For the person who gets to know both headphones first, and allows their ears to adjust - and only then starts to AB, often the truth becomes more apparent.  We can then see each headphones individual strengths and weaknesses - rather than being very biased by a (perhaps very coloured) headphone that we know intimately.

Just a thought.  I know my impressions of the BA100 changed after living with them for 3 days solid.  It was very interesting to then hear weaknesses in my SE535 Ltd Ed compared to the BA100.  What I ended up with was a better appreciation of both 
wink.gif

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #179 of 240

Suggestion - to give them a fair shot (which is what I do when reviewing)

Listen to them, and only the BA100 for approx 2-3 days.  The problem with initial impressions - especially against a headphone that you know well, and that your ears have adjusted to - is that often your hearing and subsequent impression is coloured by what you are used to.

I'll give you an example (using two popular full sized cans).  HD600 is recognised a both reasonably neutral - but very natural sounding - slight mid-bass hump, and some people see it as slightly too laid back.  K702 is also relatively flat - but with very neutral (some say lighter than neutral) bass, and a bit of a lift in the upper mids and highs.

Someone who is used to the K702 and hears the HD600 for the first time will say that it is bassy, slow, and dark - with a small sound stage.
Someone who is used to the HD600 and hears the K702 for the first time will say it is bass light, very bright and has an artificially large sound stage.

For a review - whilst this is what they hear initially - neither description is accurate.  For the person who gets to know both headphones first, and allows their ears to adjust - and only then starts to AB, often the truth becomes more apparent.  We can then see each headphones individual strengths and weaknesses - rather than being very biased by a (perhaps very coloured) headphone that we know intimately.

Just a thought.  I know my impressions of the BA100 changed after living with them for 3 days solid.  It was very interesting to then hear weaknesses in my SE535 Ltd Ed compared to the BA100.  What I ended up with was a better appreciation of both 
wink.gif

Well said. This is my first official review, so I really appreciate the feedback. Of course, I'll try tip rolling, different sources, give them a week, etc. But if anyone has any more suggestions, keep them coming.

Oct 31, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #180 of 240
Not to mention the elephant in the room - placebo. I'm sure I would have had very different first impressions if I had read Keanix' thoughts before listening; that's just natural. For that reason and every reason brooko mentioned, it's important to get well adjusted before making judgement calls. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back