HiRes audio recorder creates WAV files on Windows..Why?
Oct 24, 2020 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

thornev

New Head-Fier
I apologize if this question is too far off topic. I do play HiRes files on my Fiio M11 Pro.

Does anyone else use the Hi-ResAudioRecorder app to transfer vinyl audio to hires files? The problem I have is that, although I specified 192kHz 24bit for the audio type, when I instruct the app to create the hi-res files, it creates WAV files. I was expecting FLAC files. If there's no fix for this, then how do I convert the WAV files into FLAC files that will play on the M11 Pro? My OS is Windows 10 x64.

Thanks. Thorne

UPDATE: I can play WAV files on the M11. I'd prefer the smaller FLAC. I don't know how to get album images to display. How does one name the files so the Poweramp will display them? (sorry, this is a Poweramp question I just realized)

UPDATE2: I can right-click on a song and a popup displays at the bottom. I can click TAGS (or something like that) and the M11 searches for album art. I can select from the images it displays. However, after I do that, the songs are reordered. I'd like to get them back to album sequence. Anyone know how to do that? I have the file names starting with numbers, but apparently Poweramp sorts on some other piece of info.

UPDATE3: Never mind. The files seem to reorder themselves eventually. And I found a DSD to FLAC converter so I can edit the audio to do things like make it louder or remove pops and clicks.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back