Hippo VB Canal Phones
Mar 28, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #76 of 92
The only thing stopping me from getting these is that I read a couple of reviews that said the build quality is pretty low. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Thanks

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #77 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by lasraik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only thing stopping me from getting these is that I read a couple of reviews that said the build quality is pretty low. Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Thanks

The build quality is really good not sure where anyone has said it wasn't good. very solidly built the cords is fine and the connector from the cord to the IEM is good quality and doesn't seem like it will pull out easily.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #80 of 92
The build quality is actually quite good on these. They aren't terrible. I wouldn't hesitate to take them out. I'm actually planning on selling mine after writing my review since I need the money more I think, so PM me if you are interested. I'll put up my review tomorrow.

Mar 29, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #81 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by lasraik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wasn't anyone here, it was a review I read a while back on another site.

maybe you can give that link to me? (can post in here or PM me)

I've already searching about vB through google, read many articles about vB, and none of them ever said vB have bad quality, I'm afraid I'm missing something about the weakness in vB that I never know till now.

thx
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #83 of 92
My own opinion is that the the vb's feel cheap in your hands and the driver crackles when you insert it into your ear. Sometimes its hard to play optimally when the difference in air pressure affects the driver in my case.

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:44 PM Post #84 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljcii /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My own opinion is that the the vb's feel cheap in your hands and the driver crackles when you insert it into your ear. Sometimes its hard to play optimally when the difference in air pressure affects the driver in my case.

hmm... with full metal cover the body, IMO it's really good enough
regular_smile .gif

Difference in air pressure? maybe it's just about the tips issue, I've tried with Comply tips, Sony silicone tips and Soundmagic silicone tips, I never got that problem till now.

But with Shure olive, sometimes I get that problem, that's why I think it's just about the tips issue.

Mar 30, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #86 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMiddleSky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cmiiw, I've heard that now Monster Turbine has the same price with vB, I think you should check it too, cause Turbine also a good bass-IEM
biggrin.gif

FYI, after 300 hours, it's hard to get sibilant in vB unless in bad recording or the singer really emphasis the "sss" (note: I try this with silicone tips (from soundmagic), with no foam mod or foam tips)

have u tried Monster Turbine before? and how's the sound quality compare to the VB in ur opinion?

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #87 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaikiattan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
have u tried Monster Turbine before? and how's the sound quality compare to the VB in ur opinion?

Nope, I never heard it, but my friend said, Turbine has balance sound like vB, but with smoother for high freq. MT is a good choice if you feel treble at vB is too sharp.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #88 of 92
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My VB don't crackle (the Epic and Epic Sparkle do, however - but they seem to come from another manufacturer), and they definitely don't feel cheap at all.

Haha, they don't feel as solidly built as my friend's um1-probably the reason why i felt the vbs feel cheap. The sound is good though, it's been improving ever since i got them. The highs are smoothing out<3.

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #89 of 92
hmm...then i nid 2 search for more reviews on Monster Turbine and maybe go for an audition soon!
biggrin.gif

i saw that UM1 priced a bit higher than VB. izzit a better buy compare to VB?is it a heavy-bass IEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back