Hippo Biscuit Player - screenless
Sep 5, 2012 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

stozzer123

Aka: whodiss, whodisss, whodatt
Anyone heard anything, tbh I dont expect much and screen less definitely doesn't appeal to me.

http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=23232.0

Sep 7, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #2 of 34
If it have good SQ at a reasonable price, I'd go for it. Has anyone tried this out yet?

Sep 10, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #3 of 34
it could drive the dt770Pro/250 pretty easy, it have better impact than iPod or sansa clip+, and also have a memory card slot, playtime for about 10 hour, pretty fun sounding with smooth treble, but it cannot play flac though only wav and mp3
frown.gif

Sep 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM Post #4 of 34
As I said on another forum, memory expansion with no decent way to navigate through plenty of files sounds like an exercise in futility. I don't understand why I'd ever want to expand the memory on something with no decent way to navigate through the files.

As for the audio quality we'll see. Hippo do some great IEM's but it wouldn't be enough to get me to abandon my current MP3 player.

Sep 10, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #5 of 34
I tried one of their Hippo Box amps which was pretty basic all round especially in SQ / performance. I've also tried the Hippo VB IEM's which while great do have a handful of problems. It seems Hippo is quite a basic brand when it comes to Jaben, I'm yet to be overly impressed by any of their products.

Screen less player is a pointless player.

I don't see much interest gathering in Hippo Biscuit, even if it were supporting a screen.

Sep 16, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 34
On the contrary. I feel that the Hippo Biscuit is a good buy.. for budget audiophiles.
I own one right now. After extensive listening with my 535s.. 
All i could say was. The sig is very very clean.

So yeah. I got it with a deal where Jaben threw in a free Hippo VB along with the player for only the price of the player.
I feel that its a good buy.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!

Oct 12, 2012 at 4:46 AM Post #7 of 34
i bought mine from Jaben with free Hippo Pearl. So i think is a good bargain. Sound is clean with virtually no hiss. Bass is not very strong but i pair it with Fiio E11 so not an issue. Overall i am satisfied with it but my only complain is no screen...i got to use it the same way i use my ipod shuffle...at least ipod shuffle can shuffle and skip to next song..with this you have to do a sequential track by track which is a pain....

It claim it can drive 300ohm headphone but i have yet to try it cause i dont have a headphone with 300ohm..

Another complain is it can support mp3 and wave only...i am not sure this can be fix via firmware to support more file types.

Nov 3, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #10 of 34
im sorry i can't view your video , coz my internet monthly package has expired..

can you please elaborate on the sound these put out ? 

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #11 of 34
the sound is glorious you you get a suitable something to listen to it with
am using mine with tdk ie500..... sounds wayyy better than with hippo pearl
Had also tried it with portapro.... it really sings...
jsut go and audition it
no comment can ever describe to you better than your ears..

Dec 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM Post #14 of 34
Where can one buy this in the U.S? I've been having a hard time finding a retailer
EDIT:
nvm, found it. They're selling a bundle with the Hippo CriCri. Seems to be worth it and I can sell the CriCri. 
Does this thing really not have shuffle? :/

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #15 of 34
Where can one buy this in the U.S? I've been having a hard time finding a retailer
EDIT:
nvm, found it. They're selling a bundle with the Hippo CriCri. Seems to be worth it and I can sell the CriCri. 
Does this thing really not have shuffle? :/

It doesn't :p don't worry you will get used to it. I bought it cos of the colour choices, simplicity and sq!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back