Hippies!
Mar 4, 2006 at 3:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Born2bwire

25+ Member ;-)
I'm usually fairly impassive towards advertisements, but when I saw this one the other day I could not stop laughing. I recall hearing someone tell me that it was aired during the Superbowl so this may just be a flashback for most people.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...ault+scarecrow

There are longer versions (with better audio-video sync) on the vault website but I still like the cut they put on TV better.

Mar 4, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 40
"I'm sorry ma'am, but it appears you have a drum circle in your attic. look slike they've been there for some time now too."

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Senn20
I hate hippies.

My assumption (hope?) is, that like the ad itself, the above comment is meant to be sarcastic, humorous, ironic, etc.
confused.gif
Please?

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #8 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by DougGreenberg
My assumption (hope?) is, that like the ad itself, the above comment is meant to be sarcastic, humorous, ironic, etc.
confused.gif
Please?

No. I really hate hippies.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #10 of 40
it's really kind of screwed up nowadays because most people think hippies were unkempt potheads whereas real hippies were heavily involved in the government and civil rights movements and many were much more genuine and honest than many people I meet on campus nowadays. The level of self-sacrificing, in some of the accounts i've heard, are nearly unheard of nowadays.
At least this is what I was told by some reliable people who lived through the period and weren't hippies.

If all hippies are unkempt, tie-died drug addicts than all unkempt, tie-died drud addicts are hippies.

availability heuristic: you see a thousand hippy stereotypes on tv and you think that's what hippies are. At least we know Cartman's delusional.

gotta go, i'm gunna hit the bong and go play hacky-sack in the quad.
Peace

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #11 of 40
Yeah I am going to have to jump on the I hate hippies bandwagon here. I hate them because...

They come to all the hiphop concerts here on camups even though they are all pushing 60+ and then they just go crazy dancing like maniacs not even to the beat. Its just sort of hard for me to enjoy a good rap concert with some old lady is next to you with no bra on squirming like a fish out of water. Its just not cool. BTW I'm from Madison, we have a excess of hippies, more than most places

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:27 PM Post #12 of 40
hey, i LIKE crows. hippies i can take or leave.

most hippie wanna-bes just annoy me.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:14 PM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber
it's really kind of screwed up nowadays because most people think hippies were unkempt potheads whereas real hippies were heavily involved in the government and civil rights movements and many were much more genuine and honest than many people I meet on campus nowadays. The level of self-sacrificing, in some of the accounts i've heard, are nearly unheard of nowadays.
At least this is what I was told by some reliable people who lived through the period and weren't hippies.

I don't think it is the hippies of the 60's and 70's that drives people crazy. Rather it is the 20-30 year old kids who grew up listening to Vanilla Ice and New Kids on the Block albums until they spent a summer in a mountain town and started listening to 1966 Greatful Dead bootlegs while burning patchouli incence. Unfortunately most of the "Hippies" of late put more focus on patchwork pants and hemp neclaces rather than political activism and rebellion against the status quo. Real hippies are cool, but unless you live near a anarcho-commune in Oregon most of the hippie movement works for Microsoft. Thus as I said before, I feel bad for the crows.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigabomber

If all hippies are unkempt, tie-died drug addicts than all unkempt, tie-died drud addicts are hippies.

availability heuristic: you see a thousand hippy stereotypes on tv and you think that's what hippies are. At least we know Cartman's delusional.

gotta go, i'm gunna hit the bong and go play hacky-sack in the quad.
Peace

Werd! Or you could take life too seriously, like Senn20, and start drinking the haterade.

Anyone that actually hates another group of people, or makes labels for said groups, because they don't understand their lifestyle is simply consumed by unadulterated ignorance. This applies to Whites, Blacks, Asians, Hispanics, Islanders, Hippies, Muslims, Rastafarians, Santerians, etc....you name it.

You can't judge something you've never been a part of and/or experienced. THAT'S IGNORANCE.

Mar 4, 2006 at 8:48 PM Post #15 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR
You can't judge something you've never been a part of and/or experienced. THAT'S IGNORANCE.

Well unfortunately its also human nature

Users who are viewing this thread

Back