Hiphop IEM - Good Isolation - 120 Euro Budget
Jul 20, 2011 at 4:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tomboii

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,

I've recently bought a pair of Dr. Dre Tour IEM's because I liked the way they looked and were on sale. I like the sound but it just doesn't fit well and it doesn't isolate well either. I will be returning these and will be on the lookout for a new pair. 
My budget is somewhere around 120euro (170ish Dollars, 100 Pound but prices are usually a little higher where I live, Netherlands).

So I'm looking for something that isolates noise well and has a nice audio signature for hip hop. I personally have been looking at 

- Shure SE215 for 100 euros. They supposedly have a nice warm sound with improved bass, replaceable cables & very good isolation.

Does anyone have a good suggestion?

Thank you for reading!

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 7
EX600, GR07, Turbine, IE7 and TF10Pro.

Jul 20, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 7
The MDR-EX600 Doesn't seem to get a lot of good reviews
The GR07 seems to be pretty neutral, so don't know if it'd be nice for hip hop. Not available in Holland or on Amazon etc.
Turbine isn't getting good reviews on the bass, I like the way they look though!
The IE7 Is priced at 170euro in holland, bit to much for me.
TF10Pro I assume is the ultimate ears triple fi 10? That's a bit to pricey for me as well!

Thanks for your suggestions

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:24 PM Post #4 of 7
I don't know what reviews you're looking at but the Turbines are pretty well-liked, especially in regards to their bass which I can personally attest to. Another to consider is the Meelectronics CC51, which has a bit more bass quantity to my ears than the Audio Technica M50. Hippo VB seems pretty popular around here as well.

Jul 20, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #5 of 7
Go for the Turbines for sure, they would definitely have "better" bass than the beats.  Definitely not a bad choice if you're stuck with buying something mainstream due to where you live.

Also, the GR07s are great for bassy music if you EQ the bass up a bit, even without that I find they good for it...I think lendmeurears can ship internationally too?

Jul 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks for awesome and quick responses guys, I think I will be going with the turbines. Read a little more up about it and it seems like they have pretty good noise isolation as well, + They look well! Thanks a lot guys!

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:27 AM Post #7 of 7
Allright guys, I've finally got these. Tried them on at first with the standard tips, it fitted but did not provide a seal. Tried the largest ones and I had a perfect fit! After I had these tips/earbuds on I heard an amazing difference, when compared to the sennheiser cx 300 ii I actually heard the bass came from an instrument instead of a bass tone. I also hear much lower bass frequencies & way less annoying sounds/no annoying sounds at high frequencies! Thanks a lot for helping me out guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back