Highly Recommended: New Cowboy Junkies !
post-846144
Post #1 of 8

Nightfall

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
For anyone who enjoys their music, the new cd "onesoulnow"is a great addition to your collection. Actually, I would recommend it outright to almost anyone, previous fan or not.
The sound is also exceptional and is just stunning on my PS-1's.
If at all possible, grab your copy at Border's as they are also including (on the first batch available, I think) a great EP that is worth the price of the cd alone. It includes some outstanding covers of "Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen and other music from Townes Van Zandt, Neil Young etc.

JC

post-846155
Post #2 of 8

spaceman

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfall
For anyone who enjoys their music, the new cd "onesoulnow"is a great addition to your collection. Actually, I would recommend it outright to almost anyone, previous fan or not.
The sound is also exceptional and is just stunning on my PS-1's.
If at all possible, grab your copy at Border's as they are also including (on the first batch available, I think) a great EP that is worth the price of the cd alone. It includes some outstanding covers of "Thunder Road" by Bruce Springsteen and other music from Townes Van Zandt, Neil Young etc.

JC

You won't believe this but I was in my local music establishment today to pick up the new Patti Scialfa disk and had that disk in my hand, but did not purchase because I hadn't heard any tracks. I know from past posts that we have very similar tastes in music, so my butt is back there tomorrow to pick it up. Thanks for the heads-up, JC.

post-846192
Post #3 of 8

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Reaction score
I liked Open better, but do not find the new one as boring as their previous efforts (sorry, no disrespect meant -- their earlier stuff is just not my cup of tea).

post-846202
Post #4 of 8

augustwest

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
My favorite past release is "Trinity Sessions", and I didn't like much of their material after that. So my question is, in view of this, would I like the new one?

- augustwest

post-846233
Post #5 of 8

blessingx

HeadFest '07 Graphic Designer
Supplier of fine logos! His visions of Head-Fi
Reaction score
Haven't heard their new album, but if you're a CJ fan, definitely check out Hem. Even better in my book.

post-846855
Post #6 of 8

aerius

Banned
Reaction score
The Cowboy Junkies are also on tour right now, check Pollstar to see if they're playing in a city near you. I saw their opening concert for the current tour last month and it was pretty good. They played a bunch of songs from their new album as well as "Open", with mix of songs from their older albums. If you're lucky you'll hear them play "To Lay Me Down" (a Grateful Dead cover) which they performed live for the first time ever when I saw them. That was the highlight of the night.

post-848066
Post #7 of 8

Nightfall

Headphoneus Supremus
Reaction score
For those of you who felt their older stuff was a bit slow, this is a step forward. Better song writing, a more defined and forward sound and overall, I would suspect more appealing to more people.
It even has some nice grunge guitar that sounds like it was stolen from a Neil Young live performance here and there.

JC

post-848207
Post #8 of 8

AGR

100+ Head-Fier
Reaction score
Quote:

Originally Posted by augustwest
My favorite past release is "Trinity Sessions", and I didn't like much of their material after that. So my question is, in view of this, would I like the new one?

- augustwest

I have "Trinity Sessions", "Black Eyed Man", "Crescent Moon", and "Miles From Our Home".

I need the new one, I guess.

Damn! I need to get these 4 loaded onto my MP3 player!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)