highes sound quality portable media player?
Feb 10, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #2 of 22
It depends on what color you want the sound to have, so you might get more answers by being specific. There are a lot of quality audio players, but there are differences in how they sound.

If you're going to use flac, 1gb won't let you put many songs on a player. I'd look for something with a higher internal memory that has expandable storage if you use SD or microSD cards.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:39 AM Post #6 of 22
S9 - one of the best players WITHOUT an amp. FLAC support, 8-32gb. Reasonable cost.

iPod - Debatebly a better player, with a good LoD and Amp. 1-5.5G have FLAC support. Replaceable harddrive. (I have a 240gb in one on the way) Highest total cost, best output.

Sansa Clip/Clip+/Fuze - Cheap, excellent quality, FLAC support, various colors, and external memory. No real quality difference in the series. Cheapest by far.

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:41 AM Post #7 of 22
i love my iaudio cowon i7, buddy of mine who heard the S9 and compared it states that this sounds better. he said the s9 was too harsh, others state otherwise. I guess it just depends on the ear.

plays

WAV, WMA, ASF, MPEG 1 Audio, MPEG 2 Audio, MPEG 2.5 Audio, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, FLAC

battery life is insane - I recharge every three weeks, and i use at least three-five times a week when working out for 2 hour durations

Feb 10, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #8 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyfinx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i love my iaudio cowon i7, buddy of mine who heard the S9 and compared it states that this sounds better. he said the s9 was too harsh, others state otherwise. I guess it just depends on the ear.

The best part of the S9 is the fact that the EQ is so configurable. So, if it wasn't his, and he didn't take the time to tune it to his/your phones, it's an unfair comparison.

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #9 of 22
Sony X, Teclast T51/S:Flo2. You did say "media" player so I strongly believe the 801, Fuze, Cowon i7, Clip+, AMP3 etc. aren't an option since these are audio-only. The Sony X, Cowon S9 and Teclast T51 all offer great SQ and have a screen big enough to watch a movie on once in a while. Do note that some people have reported screen-tearing on the Teclast T51/S:Flo2 and the X has limited codec support.

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #11 of 22
and maybe the upcoming hisound studio I
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back