High quality PC-to-MP3 recording
Aug 6, 2010 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Radni

New Head-Fier
I am new to the forum, so  pl forgive me if my question is rather odd.
 I hav e just purchased  Sony walkman X-1051 . I wish to  record high quality  digital music  from my PC  ( from CDs  and internet. ) . Do I need a good quality Sound Card ?  Or  what  good  set up do I need ? My  budget is $ 200-400  for ad-ons on my basic PC.   Pl advise .
Thanks

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #2 of 8
You don't record music from the internet...
and flac > mp3

If you want a good sound card in that price range, buy something aimed at studios. Or something from Auzentech, HT Omega, or Asus. But honestly the difference is marginal.

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #4 of 8
That will be terrible sound quality. And you don't need a card to record from a website: just use a recording program and select "wave" or was it "stereo mix"? as recording device.

If you're going to pirate, pirate properly imo... never transcode or rerecord stuff. Unless you're transcoding lossless files to another lossless format.

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 8

Quote:
Radni said:

Sorry , But I mean to record  from Sony websites or other paid websites

You mean from material you download?
You would like to down paid tracks and transfer them to another device?
You are a bit unclear on what you want to do.

Aug 7, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 8
Yes, I am new to PC audio.  I wish to download music  onto my Sony walkman X-1051 . I am just concerned about the quality  of my down loaded music  for my listening  during my travel . . I wish to get CD quality  music from my X-1051 , and hence I raised this issue of sound card . May be  my concern is not valid. Sorry for that.  But your any suggestion  will be welcome.

Aug 7, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #7 of 8
Sound card won't affect the d/a conversion in your walkman. All you can do is download hq mp3s (v0, or 320kbit) or lossless formats which probably wont work on your walkman without a custom firmware.

Aug 7, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
Yes, I am new to PC audio.  I wish to download music  onto my Sony walkman X-1051 . I am just concerned about the quality  of my down loaded music  for my listening  during my travel . . I wish to get CD quality  music from my X-1051 , and hence I raised this issue of sound card . May be  my concern is not valid. Sorry for that.  But your any suggestion  will be welcome.

If you are downloading music into your PC to listen to then you would a soundcard but if it is just for your walkman then your PC sound hardware has no bearing on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back