High end SS amp ideas
Jan 15, 2020 at 5:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ls13coco

100+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to make a shortlist of high-end solid state balanced amps with a 3K usd budget.
I've already decided on what tube amp I want to sell my gear off towards, being the Cayin HA-6A.

I haven't done nearly the amount of research towards SS amps.
Currently I have the 789, which I find a little thin sounding perhaps but it definitely does a good job.

My pairing is intended with the new Heddphone and planars primarily.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #2 of 7
Check out the Wells amps. They have a great rep,with tons of pwer,which you will need for the HEDDPhone...Also factor a neck brace into your budget :wink:

Jan 15, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #3 of 7
Check out the Wells amps. They have a great rep,with tons of pwer,which you will need for the HEDDPhone...Also factor a neck brace into your budget :wink:

Just found the Wells Milo, 18 watts and nicely lower than my maximum possible budget.. very interesting, I'm definitely going to do some research on this! Thanks :)

Jan 16, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #5 of 7
I have a new Violectric V281 and it is incredible. Still getting to know it, but it quickly solidified itself as the best amp I've used. I mean, like, right away. I have had a few other amps, this one is the first amp I've had that I immediately thought was worth the cost. First and foremost, musical. Makes you want to keep the playlist coming. Detailed, spatial, defined, powerful, and fun! I keep listening long after I should have called it quits for the day. HAHA. Enjoy your search, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back