high end speakers? was thinking of getting bose speakers.
Oct 31, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #3 of 14
Might also try asking about speakers on the AVSforum and AVforum websites.

Whats the budget for the speakers?
Are the speakers for use with a computer or home audio system?
Looking for full towers or bookshelf speakers?

Nov 1, 2015 at 8:46 PM Post #10 of 14
Bose does do marketing well. Speakers, not so much.

What price range and form factor are you looking for?

somewhere along the size lines
the size of beats pill or to bose soundlink 3

was thinking of buying of sound link 3 but wanted more opinions

prices can be upwards to 1$,

Are you looking for a Bluetooth speaker or traditional stereo? Did you mean $1000 as a max price?

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:50 AM Post #13 of 14

Is Bose considered to be high end?  (serious question)

If you want to spend money on the tiniest speakers that you want to keep out of the way, yes. Otherwise you're better off blowing your money on something else.

Quote:

somewhere along the size lines
the size of beats pill or to bose soundlink 3

was thinking of buying of sound link 3 but wanted more opinions

prices can be upwards to 1$,

To be fair to Bose though we now use the Soundlink at my friend's patio instead of hauling his studio monitors down. A bunch of us brought other speakers and the distortion was just bad on most of them. Between the Soundlink and the UEBoom I actually preferred the Bose with louder but still controlled bass, but I personally wouldn't spend that much. If you can without taking funds away from other systems or hobbies, I'd say go ahead.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #14 of 14
I've got the Soundlink Mini V1 and UEBoom V1, comparing the two I would go with the UE Boom.

The UE Boom can take a beating and is portable, the Soundlink you feel like you shouldn't take it out as it seems fragile (despite the hefty weight).
The UE Boom is spill resistant, though the new v2 has improved on this and can a dunking in water, Soundlink can't.
The UE Boom uses standard micro usb for easy charging and has a longer battery life, Soundlink uses propitiatory charging block and has less battery life.

Sound wise, the UE Boom has better mids and highs but lacks bass, the Soundlink is the complete opposite lacking in mids and highs but has bass.
The Megaboom apparently addresses this and is the best of both worlds if you can live with the slightly larger size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back