High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Mar 20, 2020 at 6:06 AM Post #3,573 of 4,183
Oh hi there Skullar, didn’t notice I replied to you haha.

Ah didn’t realise you can’t get 2-pin from them.
Oh hi there Skullar, didn’t notice I replied to you haha.

Ah didn’t realise you can’t get 2-pin from them.
@Skullar you can get 2-pin on certain cables, for example the SXC 8 and Reference 8 do offer 2-pin options. Not sure about their entire cable catalog, though

Mar 20, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #3,574 of 4,183
Hi everyone.

Looking for a light, portable cable. I was looking at pure silver to brighten my iems up a bit as i already have hybrid from Forza Audio.
So i have narrowed down to;
Norde Audio - Therium 2
Toxic Cables - Hydra 18
But then i also came across
Linum - SuperBax Balanced. Which if what reviews say is true has sonic properties i am after.

Anyone has any experience/ recomendations with either of those?

Thanks a bunch

Plussound has different options for light weight.
2 wires
4 wires
6 wires
And 8 wires!

You can choose as you wish and all type of iem connectors and source connectors.

As for example my plussound gold plated silver you saw up few posts is 4 wires and its one of the lightest and easiest one I ever had...
You can go 2 wires if you want! They got like 6 or 8 options of cable material to chose from and its all litz as I recall

http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #3,575 of 4,183
Plussound has different options for light weight.
2 wires
4 wires
6 wires
And 8 wires!

You can choose as you wish and all type of iem connectors and source connectors.

As for example my plussound gold plated silver you saw up few posts is 4 wires and its one of the lightest and easiest one I ever had...
You can go 2 wires if you want! They got like 6 or 8 options of cable material to chose from and its all litz as I recall

http://www.plussoundaudio.com/customcables/inearmonitor.html
Ok that x series 2 wire silver + gold seems like sexy option and it is around $300 so that is what i am roughly willing to pay.

Thanks for making it even more difficult to make a decision haha.

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2020 at 8:06 PM Post #3,576 of 4,183
Hi everyone.

Looking for a light, portable cable. I was looking at pure silver to brighten my iems up a bit as i already have hybrid from Forza Audio.
So i have narrowed down to;
Norde Audio - Therium 2
Toxic Cables - Hydra 18
But then i also came across
Linum - SuperBax Balanced. Which if what reviews say is true has sonic properties i am after.

Anyone has any experience/ recomendations with either of those?

Thanks a bunch
The only cable I can recommend in pure silver and light weight is The Dream Duet from Crystal Cable.
Dream Duet is the best sounding silver cable I heard to date.

Mar 20, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #3,577 of 4,183
The only cable I can recommend in pure silver and light weight is The Dream Duet from Crystal Cable.
Dream Duet is the best sounding silver cable I heard to date.
Yeh the size and thickness is nice. But my god it looks horrible lol.
While i would love to hear it out my coming iems will cost less than that cable

Still thanks for introducing me to another cable manufacturer. Seems like serious business

Mar 22, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #3,578 of 4,183
Hello good people!

Could some one share some experience on how does this 3 cables compares and if there is a real gain or difference in sound quality please.

-Plussound gold plated silver
- Pw audio the gold 24 or 26
- Effect audio Horus

Thanks!
I currently own plussound gold plated silver and pw1960 4wires

Mar 25, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #3,579 of 4,183
the thing i dont like plussound is the connector at the earphone side, the printed logo no matter what color, gold, silver, red,....will just fade after some months use, other than that, i am quite happy with that.
with that said, some other brands may have the similar issue.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2020 at 7:25 AM Post #3,580 of 4,183
My best sounding headphone/IEM cables are Norne Audio. Trevor can make you anything you want and his silver cables are magical. The Therium 2 is a good choice for what you want.

Mar 25, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #3,581 of 4,183
20200326_165036.jpg
Lyre Acoustics Iris & Cross Lamda Illusion

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2020 at 7:13 AM Post #3,582 of 4,183
Not pushing Norne cables, but here are mine. The left one is a Silvergarde SX and the one on the right is a cheaper silver Litz one. There may be another on the way.
0B334A6D-F16D-4BB6-B74F-559F6E547EB3_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #3,583 of 4,183
It's the plastic sheathing that has been stained, not the conductors or connectors.

Deoxit is for metal to metal connections, not for rubbing out stains on plastic. If he does this, he'll assuredly ruin his cable.

I was replying to someone totally different buddy. Read the post.

Yea lemme just put Deoxit on plastic sheathing... I real smart

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #3,584 of 4,183
Hopefully people didn't take it as a joke :) To celebrate their 8th year anniversary, @PLUSSOUND introduced today a new Palladium Plated Hybrid cable (palladium plated silver and palladium plated copper wires). Headfonics posted their review today; mine should be up in a few days as well.

ps-palladium-hybrid-09.jpg

Apr 2, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #3,585 of 4,183
Hopefully people didn't take it as a joke :) To celebrate their 8th year anniversary, @PLUSSOUND introduced today a new Palladium Plated Hybrid cable (palladium plated silver and palladium plated copper wires). Headfonics posted their review today; mine should be up in a few days as well.

ps-palladium-hybrid-09.jpg
yours is exo 4? look forward to that as well. wonder who got 8x sample and will post impression too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back