High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Oct 15, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #3,197 of 4,183
Oct 15, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #3,198 of 4,183
I was wondering if there’s anyone that could help... I currently have a 4.4mm balanced cable, but occasionally I need to listen through my Mac for work, which is obviously 3.5mm and not balanced.

Does anyone know if it’s possible to get a 4.4mm balanced female adapter that goes to 3.5mm or even Apple lightning?

thanks in advance!
if you are looking for quality cables, i would recommend Plussound, Triton Audio Cables and Music-Sanctuary.

Plussound is offering also a usb-c plug that works perfectly with the newer macs and ipad pro; music sanctuary used to offer a lighting connector, i don't see it anymore this option on their website, but if you contact Calvin, he might be able to help you. What i really love from Music Sanctuary is the possibility to use the PW 1960 wire, on of my favorite cable, not cheap but the overall quality is outstanding, you won't be disappointed.

David from Triton is always extremely helpful, he uses only high ends components and the built time is never more than a week and prices, a great asset for this community.

Oct 15, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #3,199 of 4,183
if you are looking for quality cables, i would recommend Plussound, Triton Audio Cables and Music-Sanctuary.

Plussound is offering also a usb-c plug that works perfectly with the newer macs and ipad pro; music sanctuary used to offer a lighting connector, i don't see it anymore this option on their website, but if you contact Calvin, he might be able to help you. What i really love from Music Sanctuary is the possibility to use the PW 1960 wire, on of my favorite cable, not cheap but the overall quality is outstanding, you won't be disappointed.

David from Triton is always extremely helpful, he uses only high ends components and the built time is never more than a week and prices, a great asset for this community.

I have used 3 Triton Audio Cable pigtails that David made for me. I love them all.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #3,201 of 4,183
Thanks guys... I suppose I was asking from more of a technical standpoint. I’m guessing it’s technically possible to do a 4.4mm balanced to 3.5mm unbalanced or lightning/usb-C?...
You can have an adapter that takes a 3.5mm unbalanced output from you dap/ amp and convert it to a balanced cable. But not the other way around.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #3,202 of 4,183
Yes.... Do not try and use a single ended cable from a balanced output. Something could fry.

However, you can use a single ended output feeding a balanced cable. All this does is retain single ended schema by combining both L and R negative poles of your balanced cable. Completely safe.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #3,203 of 4,183
I understand single ended output can’t feed a balanced... and equally you can’t do balanced output using single ended.

with this in mind, can anyone point me in the direction of a female balanced 4.4mm to 3.5mm single ended adaptor?

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #3,204 of 4,183
I understand single ended output can’t feed a balanced... and equally you can’t do balanced output using single ended.

with this in mind, can anyone point me in the direction of a female balanced 4.4mm to 3.5mm single ended adaptor?

I asked David of Trident Audio Cable to build a pigtail 4.4 female to male 3.5 SE as my choice of cable type to match my portable system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back