High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Nov 18, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #286 of 4,182
oh well , win some lose some i guess :p

maybe @Kerouac
 will get bored with it and sell it to me next

no mojo for me , i just need a good cable for athena and i am set

Do you like Athena? If you're not that struck on the signature, and if it's not so great with the Sony ZX2, then the best cable in the world probably won't make all that much difference.

Remember what the oracles of Head-Fi say about cables being the last link in the chain.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:44 PM Post #287 of 4,182
Do you like Athena? If you're not that struck on the signature, and if it's not so great with the Sony ZX2, then the best cable in the world probably won't make all that much difference.

Remember what the oracles of Head-Fi say about cables being the last link in the chain.

i like it and i listen to it a lot these first days (got it on wednesday) , but whereas nt6 has whiplash hybrid , for athena i have yet to find a cable that maximizes its potential and sound

it's quite different ciem from NT6 , i still need to listen to them in turns to get an idea how different they are

they are different beasts for sure , but athena is very refined , like i said for the price i like it a lot 

today i realized that they are very different but i still can not grasp exactly why 

athena sounds more full , if i get a great silver cable i think this ciem will explode 
tongue.gif

and it gives me a versatility having a reference ciem (nt6) and a more bodied ciem like athena 

my gut feeling was right once more 
tongue.gif

ok no more derailing this amazing cable thread

cheers

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #290 of 4,182
can anyone you help me pick a cable can improve bass and soundstage, image for my fitear parterre with v shape less than 400$ . tk so much and sr for my english
where you located ?

Nov 19, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #292 of 4,182
Nov 19, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #293 of 4,182
PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Nov 19, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #294 of 4,182
FYI, Black friday deal from Effect Audio

Here we go~!! Effect Audio has completed the preparations for the BlackFriday Promo. Here's the exciting details... 

We will be holding the Two-Tiered BlackFriday promotional campaign! Enjoy yourselves and have a blast shopping for your head-fi equipments this Nov !!:)

1. Cash Rebate / Discount

Effect Audio Website will be offering 15% off for the Cable products. Our collaboration IEM/CIEMs will not be applicable. The promotional period runs from 21st - 30th November

2. Black Friday Loyalty Upgrade Program

Existing EA users may send in their current cables (Thor Copper and above) to upgrade by adding either:

1) 4wire of "Ares II" (Pure Litz Multi-sized stranded Copper)  - [RRP : US$149.9]
2) 4wire of "Thor Silver II" (Pure Litz Multi-sized stranded Silver) 
[RRP : US$349.9]

"Bespoke" fees and craftsmanship fee will be waived. To further spice things up, these 4 wire upgrade are entitled to 15% off. The upgrade program period runs from 21st - 30th November.

Please email to eric@effectaudio.com for any further queries.

Nov 20, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #295 of 4,182
It's a weird prog tho, since mixing a used cable with a new one is a recipe for disaster, due to the different degree of burn in.

I recognize that the topic of burn in is a controversial one; but its not worth the risk even if you don't believe it.

Nov 23, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #296 of 4,182
First off, big thanks to @flickenrick for curating this thread- it's really helpful to have so many accessible reviews in one thread! Big thanks too to all the contributors!

Can anybody give any recommendations for my situation:

I've got a pair of tralucent ref 1s who's primary function is gym duty. Yes been using them for this for 3 years without any problems and they've been the best workout motivating purchase I've ever made!

I've been using them with an iPhone 6s Plus with a dragonfly red and cable of choice has been a custom plussound cable 8 wires - (4 silver and 4 silver/gold). But the cable itself is about 2yrs old and there might be advances since I got it, and the 8wire is a bit unwieldy for treadmill running.

Any suggestions for an upgrade or sidegrade? It wouldn't be for critical listening, so mostly looking for a high energy cable with good ergonomics. Money isn't necessarily an issue, but it seems like the more expensive the cable, the harder it is to use on the go, which defeats my purpose.

Many thanks,
Chris

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:19 PM Post #297 of 4,182
Any recommendations for Andromeda, especially those on sale now? Used it with Mojo. I want the sound to maintain or improve its clarity, but also tighten it's bass. Is silver cable a good match?

Nov 23, 2016 at 11:21 PM Post #298 of 4,182
How's Ares II+ or Thor silver for Andromeda with mojo?

Nov 24, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #300 of 4,182
Any recommendations for Andromeda, especially those on sale now? Used it with Mojo. I want the sound to maintain or improve its clarity, but also tighten it's bass. Is silver cable a good match?

Try the black Fri sale from music sanctuary in Singapore. If there's not much time difference they can even chat with u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back