High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Nov 15, 2016 at 5:24 AM Post #271 of 4,183
Would someone be so kind as to put up a short impression on the norne audio solv x?
I'm looking at this cable to gift to a friend

Nov 15, 2016 at 6:59 AM Post #273 of 4,183
Twau is a great cable but it does boost the bass. I don't assume that's something you'd want if you are looking at a silver cable especially twag n silver widow

True, I guess now I'll just go for the silver widow

Nov 17, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #274 of 4,183
Between UPOCC and UPOFC, which one is superior? How many 'N' are they?

UPOFC = Ultra Pure Oxgen Free Copper
UPOCC = Ultra Pure ? ? ?
Does anyone know the full name of this abbrevation?

Nov 17, 2016 at 1:47 AM Post #275 of 4,183
Between UPOCC and UPOFC, which one is superior? How many 'N' are they?

UPOFC = Ultra Pure Oxgen Free Copper
UPOCC = Ultra Pure ? ? ?
Does anyone know the full name of this abbrevation?

Ultra pure ohno continuous cast

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #276 of 4,183
SilverFi is a relatively unknown brand for cables, but I can honestly say that they provide a very special sound like no other. As far as I know, they are the only company in the world that makes their own wires from the ground up - as in from raw material. Truth be told, the cotton shielding and special connectors that are required due to the shielding don't make them the most practical for daily use, but again, they're really something else to hear for the cable enthusiast.

They just announced a Black Friday sale for up to 50% on their facebook, I don't know to which models this applies.

http://silverfi.blogspot.nl/2016/08/productsprices-urunlerfiyatlar.html

Nov 17, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #277 of 4,183
  SilverFi is a relatively unknown brand for cables, but I can honestly say that they provide a very special sound like no other. As far as I know, they are the only company in the world that makes their own wires from the ground up - as in from raw material. Truth be told, the cotton shielding and special connectors that are required due to the shielding don't make them the most practical for daily use, but again, they're really something else to hear for the cable enthusiast.

They just announced a Black Friday sale for up to 50% on their facebook, I don't know to which models this applies.

Oh boy! 

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #278 of 4,183
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a new cable as my current one has developed a fault. I really want something lightweight as it will be used on the go. I would also like one that doesn't have a big plug (I'm not sure if that is the right word in English, the part that goes into the headphone jack). My earphones have a bright sound with enhanced treble and bass and intimate vocals, so preferably something which doesn't affect the sound signature. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Nov 18, 2016 at 4:57 AM Post #279 of 4,183
  Hello, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a new cable as my current one has developed a fault. I really want something lightweight as it will be used on the go. I would also like one that doesn't have a big plug (I'm not sure if that is the right word in English, the part that goes into the headphone jack). My earphones have a bright sound with enhanced treble and bass and intimate vocals, so preferably something which doesn't affect the sound signature. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

PlusSound Audio Xseries and there choose probably some silver conductor. I have one and it is great light cable ideal on the go.

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #281 of 4,183

Thanks but I looked at the pictures on their website and the plug is large. I really want a cable with a small and thin plug.

There is several choices for each model of many possible terminations. Or you can have a look on Linum BaX. Is light, tiny, with small terminations on both sides, but will drive you crazy with its tangling.

Nov 18, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #282 of 4,183
Thanks but I looked at the pictures on their website and the plug is large. I really want a cable with a small and thin plug.

We offer various 3.5mm plugs. Our thinnest one is Oyaide. You can view all examples of our cables in our social sites (link in our signature).

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
Nov 18, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #283 of 4,183

just send a pm to them via fb 

thanx Nic (and @Tony1110 )

i need a nice cable for my EE athena , whiplash hybrid is good but not the best synergy (and it has amazing synergy with my NT-6 , dream combo there)

maybe something silver will do the trick with athena ?

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #284 of 4,183
just send a pm to them via fb 

thanx Nic (and @Tony1110
 )

i need a nice cable for my EE athena , whiplash hybrid is good but not the best synergy (and it has amazing synergy with my NT-6 , dream combo there)

maybe something silver will do the trick with athena ?

Get a Mojo instead man. Amazing with EE IEMs.

But as far as cables go, the best one I tried with Athena was the prototype Norne Silvergarde, which I sold to Kerouac.

Nov 18, 2016 at 6:23 PM Post #285 of 4,183
Get a Mojo instead man. Amazing with EE IEMs.

But as far as cables go, the best one I tried with Athena was the prototype Norne Silvergarde, which I sold to Kerouac.

oh well , win some lose some i guess 
tongue.gif

maybe @Kerouac will get bored with it and sell it to me next

no mojo for me , i just need a good cable for athena and i am set

Users who are viewing this thread

Back