High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Sep 13, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #166 of 4,183
Need help please.

Can't make up my mind between these three cables

Prime Donna from Beat Audio.
X8 trie metal from Plus sound audio.
Heracles from EffectAudio.

I'm looking for good quality high end cable that provide neutral sound.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2016 at 4:41 AM Post #167 of 4,183
Need help please.

Can't make up my mind between these three cables

Prime Donna from Beat Audio.
X8 trie metal from Plus sound audio.
Heracles from EffectAudio.

I'm looking for good quality high end cable that provide neutral sound.

Thanks

Didn't think about Leonidas? A lot of great things about it i have read:]

Sep 14, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #168 of 4,183
Leonidas is a very nice cable with a neutral/uncolored sound, and a very nice sub-bass punch. It is also built very nicely, except for that heavy splitter which makes absolutely no sense!? 

At the moment I also really like the Labkable Samurai III, it is relatively neutral with a touch of extra sparkle in the upper midrange. It works especially well for slightly midcentric iems.

I haven't heard those other ones. 

Sep 15, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #169 of 4,183
Hey guys , i need to have my Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable reterminated for zx2-trrs use

can you suggest some good cable makers , preferably EU/UK-based that i can email and ask them about it ?

thanx in advance for any help/feedback 
beerchug.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #170 of 4,183
  Well to be honest I only very briefly heard the Layla, so I can't say a whole lot about it. But at the moment I really like the Labkable Samurai III. It has a clean sound with a very nice lift in the upper mids/lower treble, pairs excellently with slightly midforward iems. Bit pricey though at $875.. 

Thanks Nick!  I looked at the Labkables and (gulp!) decided to splurge and get the Pandoras.  They arrived today, and first impressions are oh my, these do give nice clean, crisp separation.

Sep 16, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #171 of 4,183

Thanks Nick!  I looked at the Labkables and (gulp!) decided to splurge and get the Pandoras.  They arrived today, and first impressions are oh my, these do give nice clean, crisp separation.

Wow man, you went all out. That is a truly spectacular cable, in looks and sound. Those multicolored 10 braids, what a sight.. I only heard it briefly at Canjam, slightly warm but highly resolving. 

Share a pic and some impressions later on man!

Sep 17, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #173 of 4,183
Hey guys , i need to have my Whiplash Hybrid V3 cable reterminated for zx2-trrs use

can you suggest some good cable makers , preferably EU/UK-based that i can email and ask them about it ?

thanx in advance for any help/feedback :beerchug:

I'm contemplating sending mine to Norne and having it converted to 2.5 balanced. Then I'll probably buy an adapter and be done with all this messing around with cables.

Sep 21, 2016 at 2:42 AM Post #174 of 4,183
Hi I am new to cables but not so new to iems my first real set was the sm3 back when they were the flagship . am looking at an SPC litz from ALO or silver from Ted Alle nto go with the umpro 50 I already heard the spc alo and it was amazing!! do you think a pure silver cable would sound even better ? i am looking at bringing the sound together more and more bass wouldnt hurt the umpro 50 already has the best treble i have ever heard thanks

Sep 23, 2016 at 6:15 AM Post #175 of 4,183
Rhapsodio is selling off their last Silver Litz and 2.98 cables at a discount:

https://www.facebook.com/rhapsodiohk/?fref=ts

Friends of Rhapsodio, we have some very, very special offers for cable enthusiasts. We are clearing our old stock, and will be selling our last 20 RSD Silver Litz cables, a clean sounding and highly resolving cable:
-$220 for the 4 braid (normally $350), and $440 for the 8-braid (normally $650).

But there’s more, the last 30 legendary 2.98 cables, that combine the resolution of a silver cable with the warmth of a copper, will also be sold at a discount:
-$270 for the 4-braid (normally $380), and $400 for the 8-braid (normally $550).

These prices are limited to the remaining stock.

Sep 23, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #178 of 4,183
so i have been scouting through the cables threads in order to get an answer, what a disgrace.
Here, get a good quality Copper/Silver cable.

Sep 24, 2016 at 1:31 AM Post #180 of 4,183
its to late i already went for pure copper but thanks anyway
I like that aswell but depends on the iem I will be using and there are so many ways in making a Copper cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back