High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 12, 2017 at 9:44 AM Post #751 of 4,183
I've got the YY Pro Tucana over here, which is also a great sounding cable.

As far as I know, YY Pro Audio (based in HK) has a 1 yr warranty on their cables (mine came in a wooden box with a warranty card), so you probably can contact them to get the cut out (and maybe even greenish) part fixed for probably shipping costs only. But before that, I would certainly check what @ranfan wrote (great advise) on the former page...

well my friend what shall I tell, I did not want to talk about it how I will never ever buy anything from them again, as I asked them to look into those issues and simply they sent that they will not and consider greening part of users fault, and the issue about cut they did not even think to reply about it although i asked twice

May 12, 2017 at 9:45 AM Post #752 of 4,183
Have you tried cleaning or changing the termination? The jack and pin. Perhaps it was due to poor contact area
yes i did try to see if cleaning it will do anything but nothing helps

May 12, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #753 of 4,183
well my friend what shall I tell, I did not want to talk about it how I will never ever buy anything from them again, as I asked them to look into those issues and simply they sent that they will not and consider greening part of users fault, and the issue about cut they did not even think to reply about it although i asked twice

Hmmm, sorry to read that :pensive:
I thought they would have/provide better after sales service than that.

Greening (although it doesn't influence the sq afaik) happens to a lot of copper cables. Sound cut outs are a much bigger problem of course...

May 12, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #754 of 4,183
Hmmm, sorry to read that :pensive:
I thought they would have/provide better after sales service than that.

Greening (although it doesn't influence the sq afaik) happens to a lot of copper cables. Sound cut outs are a much bigger problem of course...
that is why i am never buying from them again as I bought 2 cables and they do not care at all about after sales service related to cut out, unless you live there and meet them in person maybe

May 12, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #755 of 4,183
yes i did try to see if cleaning it will do anything but nothing helps
I'm sorry to hear. I guess, if you still want to, you can try reterminating the pin and/or jack. But there is the possibility that the cable is the faulty one, so this won't solve.

I'd recommend PlusSound. A consideration for your next cable :)

May 12, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #756 of 4,183
Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #757 of 4,183
The sound cuts are a common problem with mmcx connectors. I've also had it a couple of times and its very annoying, which is why I'm glad nearly all high end iems use 2-pin. I think just reterminating the faulty side should do the trick, you can have that done by most cable manufacturers or just a DIY-er if you know one.

May 12, 2017 at 4:03 PM Post #758 of 4,183
for me i need to know which one is the most reliable company that will stand behind their customer in case the connectors cut out, and not leave me standing there with no support or step up to their responsibility, as what bugged me bout yy pro audio they did not even consider the cut out issue at all

then the second question is which cable to buy to give a real noticeable improvement in sound that increases the sound stage and maintains amazing bass and full mids with warmth that does not cost an arm and a leg, the saturn is amazing sound wise and is thick an 8 core cable and when new looks amazing, before i literally never believed in cables but the change is really huge between stock and using saturn, i have an Effect Audio Eros 4-wire and the difference between stock and eros 4 is not that huge as with saturn

Last edited:
May 12, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #759 of 4,183
for me i need to know which one is the most reliable company that will stand behind their customer in case the connectors cut out, and not leave me standing there with no support or step up to their responsibility, as what bugged me bout yy pro audio they did not even consider the cut out issue at all

then the second question is which cable to buy to give a real noticeable improvement in sound that increases the sound stage and maintains amazing bass and full mids with warmth that does not cost an arm and a leg, the saturn is amazing sound wise and is thick an 8 core cable and when new looks amazing, before i literally never believed in cables but the change is really huge between stock and using saturn, i have an Effect Audio Eros 4-wire and the difference between stock and eros 4 is not that huge as with saturn

Saturn is a copper cable while the Eros has silver wires and copper wires, it is not the direct competitor (the sound is different). The direct competitor of YY PRO Audio Saturn is the Effect Audio Ares II or the Ares II +.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #760 of 4,183

Try finding your next cable in the classifieds, who knows you might get a bargain.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #761 of 4,183
Try finding your next cable in the classifieds, who knows you might get a bargain.

That's actually a good suggestion. On a few occasions, in pm discussions, i heard from people getting insane deals on cables in head fi classified. While daps get dated quickly and iems market constantly updated, cables like wine only get better with time and you can use it for years. Good investment in my opinion, especially if you can get a great 2nd hand deal.

May 13, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #762 of 4,183
That's actually a good suggestion. On a few occasions, in pm discussions, i heard from people getting insane deals on cables in head fi classified. While daps get dated quickly and iems market constantly updated, cables like wine only get better with time and you can use it for years. Good investment in my opinion, especially if you can get a great 2nd hand deal.

so i took a pic of the left side which cuts out , do u notice anything that could be the reason for cut out

on another note
IMG_0917.JPG
well then whoever has great cable for shure 846 balanced 2.5 mm trrs for a great price then shoot me an offer :wink:

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #764 of 4,183
so i took a pic of the left side which cuts out , do u notice anything that could be the reason for cut out

on another note well then whoever has great cable for shure 846 balanced 2.5 mm trrs for a great price then shoot me an offer :wink:

and when you switch L/R sides of the cable, the issue follows the cable or stays with earpiece?

I would start first by getting Deoxit contact cleaner gel, see if that going to help.

May 13, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #765 of 4,183
and when you switch L/R sides of the cable, the issue follows the cable or stays with earpiece?

I would start first by getting Deoxit contact cleaner gel, see if that going to help.

when i switch the issue follows the cable, so that then the right side cuts out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back