High-End Earbuds (VE, Blox, SHOZY etc) and Earbud Gear Discussion & Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #422 of 1,031
  Where do you guys buy your Blox BE3s? The official Blox website?

Yes. The only place to buy Blox earbuds
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #423 of 1,031
After many days of listening (still with my FiiO E10K), I can say that I found my Mrice E100 pair to be overall more pleasant to listen than Blox BE3.
E100 has definitely more neutral and equilibrated sound than BE3.
BE3 has clearly a V signature, and I even found highs to be too much invasive during some tracks.
For now, my current ranking can be found in my sig.

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:11 PM Post #424 of 1,031
After many days of listening (still with my FiiO E10K), I can say that I found my Mrice E100 pair to be overall more pleasant to listen than Blox BE3.
E100 has definitely more neutral and equilibrated sound than BE3.
BE3 has clearly a V signature, and I even found highs to be too much invasive during some tracks.
For now, my current ranking can be found in my sig.

I've got the BE3's and they are currently my favorite earbuds, but I also have the Mrice E100's on order. The difference is I won't be using them with an amp, although I could with an ibasso T5, but most of the time they'll work with a Sansa Clip running rockbox. My question is have you compared them both without the amp and are you using donut or full pads with the BE3's and E100's. I'm around 175 hours of burn time on the BE3's and I'm not hearing the invasive highs that you're experiencing, just an all around balanced sound. Still, I'm always open to trying out new earbuds and will receive the E100's sometime mid week. Frankly I think we're getting spoiled with all these excellent inexpensive earbuds that are being released.

Dec 2, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #425 of 1,031
My question is have you compared them both without the amp and are you using donut or full pads with the BE3's and E100's. I'm around 175 hours of burn time on the BE3's and I'm not hearing the invasive highs that you're experiencing, just an all around balanced sound.

I (of course) compared them both with same settings : my FiiO E10K (with both gain and bass boost switch turned ON), and donut foams.
Those invasive highs are rare, it's in some of my tracks but nothing to complain much anyway.
Let me know what do you think of E100 once you received. I'am sure you will find them even more balanced than BE3 as this last has definitely a V sig but with really pleasand mids that will let you think they are balanced.
Anyway, BE3 is still my best compromise about SQ/comfort. The major problem of E100 is the fit into most of ears (me also but not so much, if I don't move).

Dec 2, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #426 of 1,031
I (of course) compared them both with same settings : my FiiO E10K (with both gain and bass boost switch turned ON), and donut foams.
Those invasive highs are rare, it's in some of my tracks but nothing to complain much anyway.
Let me know what do you think of E100 once you received. I'am sure you will find them even more balanced than BE3 as this last has definitely a V sig but with really pleasand mids that will let you think they are balanced.
Anyway, BE3 is still my best compromise about SQ/comfort. The major problem of E100 is the fit into most of ears (me also but not so much, if I don't move).

Thanks for all the info. I'll reply as soon as I've given them some burn in time. Reason I asked about the donuts vs foams was that I felt I was getting a better sound out of the Yuin pk1's and pk3's with the donut covers and a better sound out of Blox's M2C's and BE3's with the full pads, so it was just a question on what I should try first with the E100's. Should be getting them Wednesday. Hopefully the fit isn't an issue. Looking forward to spending some quality time with them over the weekend.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #427 of 1,031
ZUNE V1 buds going for cheap in quantities of 3. Too bad I already got 2 each of V1 and V2. Good for spares. Polite laid back sound. Not very exciting or fun, but great for me at work while I'm in my offce at my computer. Just posted at slickdeals:

Dec 6, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #428 of 1,031

You weren't kidding. These E100's are pretty special. To think, I paid $13 and that included shipping. The bass is outstanding for an earbud. In comparison to the rest of the earbuds I have in my collection from least favorite to most favorite, the bells absolutely destroy the Tingo TG 38's, Sennheiser MX 580's, Yuin Pk3's, Blue ever Blue 328RM and Yuin Pk-1's. Since I prefer my BE3's over the M2C's, let's say they have the edge on them as well. Between the E100's and the BE3's, it's a lot closer. The bass on the E100's are in another league from the BE3's. After about 50 hours of burn in on the E100's, I noticed that even though they don't require an amp to drive them, it's recommended. Either that or a good quality audio player. When I tried them with my iphone, even with the BBE soundmax pro app used, they don't have the same kind of impact, nor do they with an ipod classic.....that is until you put an amp in the chain and then boom, they come alive. Kind of like the Yuin Pk-1's, but as you've pointed out, they are superior to the PK-1's in almost every way, but fit. If you've got small ears, then just move on. They've got a unique design and that either works to its advantage ( gives them that bass kick ) or doesn't due to the fact that they will frustrate some people thinking that they'll stay in the ears perfectly all the time. They do look great though, especially in comparison to all the generic earbuds out there. Also, the red color wire adds a bit of spice to them and they feel like they'll last as they're solidly built. As I continue to burn them in, they'll be used mostly for mobile use, so an amp for me will get in the way. I was surprised though that something as small as the Sansa Clip plus and the Rockbox firmware on it is also capable of bringing out the best in the E100's with some tweaking. That makes them a winner in my book. When I let someone listen to the E100's using the Clip when all they've been used to is an iphone and the standard ipod buds, they were quite shocked at the difference in sound quality.

So, it all comes down to the BE3's and the E100's. Since I'm nowhere near close to burning the E100's in and the BE3's have about 275 hours on them, it's still a tough call. I go back and forth and find them equally brilliant. Comfort easily goes to the BE3's. Build quality goes to the E100's. Sound quality, I could go either way. The price difference is what sways things in the E100's direction costing 3 times less. Frankly, I'm just happy that they are improving earbuds to this kind of level of quality. I don't have Blox's BE5's or BE7's to compare, but I'll be curious about the next flagship that Blox will offer to see if there's a huge gap between the BE3's and whatever that'll be....that is if I'm able to purchase them. As we all know, they get sold quickly on the Blox website.

At this point, I'm kind of satisfied with these two earbuds and using the M2C's as the backup. Everything else I've kind of put in a drawer. The one thing that really stands out on the E100's is the bass. It's amazing what they can take and like you said, it's not sloppy.....It's tight. It'll be interesting to hear if the sound improves with more burn in, but as of now I'm more than satisfied with these Bells.

Dec 9, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #429 of 1,031
If you guys want to explorer > $150 category, you might want to add DUNU Alpha 1 two way hybrid earbuds: http://www.head-fi.org/t/740305/the-world-s-first-hybrid-earbud-the-grand-launch-dunu-alpha-1/45#post_11113384

I wasn't able to get a good seal for my sound test, but you can checkout the rest of my write up and enjoy a ton of pictures I took in there.

Also, have Astrotec LYRA 6 with me now for testing, that one I have no issue with sound due to it's more traditional shape/design, though I might not be hearing it to a full potential since I got small inner ears...  Will post impressions soon.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #431 of 1,031
The Sennheiser MX 365 for $12: https://www.tanga.com/deals/233fd4d91693/sennheiser-mx-365-stereo-earbuds-brown

A deal is a deal but that doesn't make the MX365 perform any better. It is just decent but not the MX375 which is the only one anyone should consider between the two. The 365 lacks focus(sounds a bit out of phase or blurred in the notes), is peaky and not as smooth or refined sounding as the MX375. Housing ergonomics and cable are also more thought out and well executed on the MX375 than the MX365.

Dec 15, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #432 of 1,031

A deal is a deal but that doesn't make the MX365 perform any better. It is just decent but not the MX375 which is the only one anyone should consider between the two. The 365 lacks focus(sounds a bit out of phase or blurred in the notes), is peaky and not as smooth or refined sounding as the MX375. Housing ergonomics and cable are also more thought out and well executed on the MX375 than the MX365.

Yeah, I was wondering if they were any good.  Glad I did not buy a pair myself.

Dec 16, 2014 at 5:23 PM Post #435 of 1,031
The MX375s are great. Really a shame that Sennheiser USA decided not to carry them here in the States despite them being available to our northern neighbors.

Yeah, did a search.  Not finding a pair of them readily available in the US.  I am sure they are out there somewhere though to purchase.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back