High End closed Headphones for me
Jan 24, 2013 at 5:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

WeggliNet

New Head-Fier
Hi,

i own a pair of LCD-2 rev.2 for over 1 year now and i like them very much except for the weight. They start give me headaches because of the weight if i wear them for more than 3-4 hours. Plus i work now in a different environment that is not that quiet as before so i would prefer closed Headphones for noise isolation.

It is not that loud but i can hear the swirling PC fan in the background and sometimes the street traffic as well through the LCD-2 because their open.

So i decided to (maybe) sell my LCD-2 and get some High End closed Headphones like the D7000 or Ultrasone Ed.8 (maybe some others that i didn't mentioned).

I listen mainly to Rock, Pop, sometimes Orchestral Soundtracks (Lossless) and i like a good amount of bass. But the point which is VERY important now is Comfort. I heard that the D7000 is very confortable and lightweight which is a good thing for me because i wear my Headphones 7h or even more a day. I read the Ed.8 should have better noise isolation (less important because it's not that noisy). And maybe there are other brands who suit my needs.

From what i heard i tend to the D7000 because of it's comfort (nor tried yet). Are there any other suggestions for some comfortable closed headphones with some good amount of bass ?

Thanks!

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #2 of 5
Heya,

The D7000 is excellent for what your'e looking for. Not very isolating, but it isolates more than an open headphone does. Also look at the JVC DX700/DX1000, or even the Fostex TH900.

Another headphone I would suggest you consider is the Mr Speaker Mad Dog with SR007 Stax Pads. Inexpensive by flagship standards, but essentially on par with most of them. Very comfortable, very isolating, and the ortho sound is just juicy/butter.

Very best,

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #3 of 5
How does the mad dogs sound sig compare to the HE-500?

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 5
Definitely look at the Ultrasone Signature Pro as well. I would definitely consider that over the Edition 8, unless you love a sucked out midrange and a piercing high end. 

The Sig Pro is considered to be the substitute/step up from the D7000, and the TH900 is the step up from that. All similar sound signatures and some of the best bass in the business without being bright or having missing mids. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 5
Yeah i heard of the TH900 as well. But i don't know if they are worth the money compared to the D7000 for my needs. I guess i should beginn with a comparison of this two but it's hard to find a store which have both models available for testing in my country.

Thanks for the advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back