High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and Impression Thread
Jan 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 197

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi Head Fier friends 

yesterday I went in Jaben jakarta Indonesia , my friend just bought 2 high end headphone 
amplifier from bakoon Japan .
the type from these two amps : 
small amp :HDA - 5210 mk3
big amp : SCA - 7130 mk3 with upgrade vww/att

bakoon Japan version is different from bakoon international version.

http://bakoon-products.com/

78dc578718c35e1c728dee5a6023edd4_zps858f4561.jpg

1097dd6afd99136f2281d1a27d448265_zps732824ee.jpg

23d1d0bbf9c6862f858e2ea5daabc046_zpsf03b97c4.jpg

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 197
Hi Head Fier friends 

yesterday I went in Jaben jakarta Indonesia , my friend just bought 2 high end headphone 
amplifier from bakoon Japan .
the type from these two amps : 
small amp :HDA - 5210 mk3
big amp : SCA - 7130 mk3 with upgrade vww/att

bakoon Japan version is different from bakoon international version.

http://bakoon-products.com/

i will inform you more later on , I don't know why I can not upload pictures from my iPad 4

here are the pictures , I am sorry for bad quality pictures 

f01f940ee05a050974b2112bd7d20f75_zpsb719f7f4.jpg

cd6b5557639b26fc9ba758621dcd50df_zpsaacf9c61.jpg

07eb65801b93255fadd044d7af0b563a_zps872cf4b3.jpg

Fixed the links for you.

Feb 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #4 of 197
Within 2013 the headphone lovers community will see the Bakoon HPA 21 , a dedicated headphone amp from Bakoon 
There are a few threads on headfi already about the 11 , a 15 watt speaker amp with a very good headphone out using resistors to allow headphone use .
6 moons have 2 reviews lauding the headamp ability as best ever and extremely good .

An interview with head designer of Bakoon reveals exactly why the current drive is so very suited to headphones specially.
He stated that making a dedicated headphone amp he could improve on the sq for headphone out of the 11 
He goes into good detail why his satri is so special for headphones 

So folks, hold onto your wallets, there is something special coming for solid staters.
I certainly don't want to jinx it but am pretty sure the solid state high end is about to  be redefined . 

My unit is reserved , there will also be a new dac .

Rudi, I dont know if the amps you refer to are dedicated hpa's , I only saw a rendering of proposed HPA 21 which is different in form factor from the amp 11 and the usual bakoon look 
I am very excited .  You will probably see this info as soon as 6 moons audio reviews moves from coming soon to preview or review .

Enjoy the music.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #5 of 197
I've met them and tried their gear. It's pretty good. They are about an hour's drive south of me and I've long been meaning to visit them.

Feb 1, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #8 of 197
Quote:
I've met them and tried their gear. It's pretty good. They are about an hour's drive south of me and I've long been meaning to visit them.

Don't tease us, give us your impression.
Have you heard any of their amps, do you agree that the amp 11 is as good as said for headphones .

Enjoying Kari Bremnes Stjernelause Dogn SACD and Chivas Regal 18

Feb 1, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #9 of 197
Quote:
Within 2013 the headphone lovers community will see the Bakoon HPA 21 , a dedicated headphone amp from Bakoon 
There are a few threads on headfi already about the 11 , a 15 watt speaker amp with a very good headphone out using resistors to allow headphone use .
6 moons have 2 reviews lauding the headamp ability as best ever and extremely good .

An interview with head designer of Bakoon reveals exactly why the current drive is so very suited to headphones specially.
He stated that making a dedicated headphone amp he could improve on the sq for headphone out of the 11 
He goes into good detail why his satri is so special for headphones 

So folks, hold onto your wallets, there is something special coming for solid staters.
I certainly don't want to jinx it but am pretty sure the solid state high end is about to  be redefined . 

My unit is reserved , there will also be a new dac .

Rudi, I dont know if the amps you refer to are dedicated hpa's , I only saw a rendering of proposed HPA 21 which is different in form factor from the amp 11 and the usual bakoon look 
I am very excited .  You will probably see this info as soon as 6 moons audio reviews moves from coming soon to preview or review .

Enjoy the music.

What the price for these amps? Lots of information being spread but no one has said what these cost. Would appreciate the price.

Feb 1, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #10 of 197
I had read somewhere sometime ago the smaller amp was $4000+ and the bigger one over $7000 so lost interest fast.

Feb 2, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #13 of 197
These amps the OP posted are japanese bakoon, HDA 5210MK3 is a dedicated headphone amp...

The new one thats coming out later this year is from bakoon product intl (korean bakoon), they're made under license of the original japanese bakoon... I believed they have very simular sound characteristic yet not exactly the same (based on their speaker amp)

Referenceaudio gives crazy pricing, i can get them for ways cheaper if u guys interested... Just send me a pm

Feb 2, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #14 of 197
Quote:
3900.00 well forget that amp LOL

I believe that is 3900.00 in New Zealand dollars which converts to approximately 3300.00 USD. I have posted below the insights of a U.S. distributor of Bakoon products....

"Occasionally you hear tell of a product that seems unavoidable. Bakoon's new HPA-21 Headphone Amp seems such a product. Something that trumps it's predecessor in a particular area, while being more affordable. (of course it attempts to be nothing other than a headphone amp, unlike it's multi tasking older sibling.) The source of that information is of course the most important quotient. So when an owner, someone that I would describe as subtle in his assertions and predictions, says he has a game changer on his hands, one can't help it. You can't put the genie back in the bottle. And so despite knowing that predictions of yet to be heard gear are CandyLand, track record and integrity brings one to the inevitable conclusion that this will be next for you. If you hear surrender in my words, it's because representation without true hands-on experience with a product, is counter to our ethos.

Thus is my place, where Bakoon's HPA-21 Headphone Amp is concerned. Soo In from Bakoon mentioned it to me in an email with a certain wistful assurance to make ******* certain of it's representation. After all, the Amp-11r exceded all of our expectations and relentlessly fulfilled it's goal of being the best desktop amp and headphone amp in our experience.

We know that it's currently in the hands of one top reviewer whose unwillingness to let give early, gave him great pleasure. So, we wait, but by all accounts, don't be surprised if there's a new reference in town this time next month."

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #15 of 197

This is the Korean version of the Japanese only models pictured above, the new Bakoon Headphone Amp HPA-21, which will be available internationally very soon. It is an SS, battery-powered design rumored to have even better SQ that its big brother, the integrated Amp 11-R which has received high acclaim across the globe although not well known on Head-Fi. The MSRP is $2995.00 USD.

A new DAC will also be released in the near future allowing users to take full advantage of the unique SATRI Circuit.

I own the Amp 11-R and the synergy of this amp when paired with the LCD-3 is truly magnificent. Soo In of Bakoon informs me that the 11 also plays nice with the HD-800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back