High End audiophile products - not many differences to cheap solutions ?
May 5, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #31 of 34
LOL You are right. I forgot this was the recommendations forum. I was thinking how just the week you were griping about how people weren't applying sound science in the sound science forum, and here you are right here playing games about science.

There is a difference between apples and oranges.

May 5, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #32 of 34
Shaffer, cel4145, let us stay polite and not take this argument any further. It is not adding anything to the main topic. You both have different views and that is nothing special, but please don't let it escalate here.

May 5, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #33 of 34
Shaffer, cel4145, let us stay polite and not take this argument any further. It is not adding anything to the main topic. You both have different views and that is nothing special, but please don't let it escalate here.

You are right. I should have just reported his post #25 where he decided to get personal instead of just discussing audio.

May 5, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #34 of 34

HELP please

I bought this HD600 and Creative ZXR together.
But i hear only a small difference to sound compared to my cheap Kingston HyperX Cloud II ( gaming series product ).

Anche the open air is good only to prevent tiring and headache, but the soundstage open is not so different to the close Kingston.

Better sound OK but absoluttly NO WOW EFFECT. Better but only slightly and only with some effects like "guitar" and less kneaded when there are many effects together.
confused_face_2.gif

I used MP3 320Kbs and some FLAC tracks.
Gaming instead is only slightly better during explosions effects.

I am not an expert but I will share my experience, see if this process works for you: 

1. If you are happy with your existing system, great, no need to upgrade. Don't worry about your system being "cheap". If you're happy, it's all good. Take other's advise but finally it's your ears. 
biggrin.gif

2. If you are not satisfied with your existing system, let's say Kingston, identify exactly what you are not happy with, for example: constricted soundstage, boomy bass, harsh treble and so on. 

3. Identify your "total budget" for the upgrade. This is important because you might have to go with Headphone + DAC + Amp to get optimum quality. For example, you might like a specific headphone with a cost of $300 but to realize it's true potential, you might have to buy a DAC/Amp costing $1000. So, the total combination of headphone + DAC + Amp has to sound good to you and it needs to happen under your total budget. 

4. Try to audition various headphones wherever/whenever possible. 

5. When you audition headphones, remember why you are upgrading (No. 2) and your total budget (No. 3). If the headphones don't meet these criteria, move on. 

Good Luck! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back