High end 1 inch mini to mini cable
Feb 12, 2010 at 2:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

swanlee

500+ Head-Fier
Having trouble finding a cable like this, does anyone know a place that sells one?

Something like this in the link below, but only about one inch long and high end, like with silver interlaced wiring, I'd spend up to 75$ on it.

Currently I'm using a high end ibasso cable to connect my player to my portable amp but a very short right angle cable would work much better.

Amazon.com: 1' 3.5mm 1/8" Gold Right Angle Stereo Audio Cable: Electronics

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having trouble finding a cable like this, does anyone know a place that sells one?

Something like this in the link below, but only about one inch long and high end, like with silver interlaced wiring, I'd spend up to 75$ on it.

Currently I'm using a high end ibasso cable to connect my player to my portable amp but a very short right angle cable would work much better.

Amazon.com: 1' 3.5mm 1/8" Gold Right Angle Stereo Audio Cable: Electronics

Doesn't make any sense to pay that kind of omoney for such a cable... Even using the best silver and the best connectors it doesn't cost more than 30$ to make one...

What player and amp do you have?

Feb 12, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Doesn't make any sense to pay that kind of omoney for such a cable... Even using the best silver and the best connectors it doesn't cost more than 30$ to make one...

What player and amp do you have?

its in my sig.

makes sense I said I'd pay UP TO 75$, I already have a good cable I just want a short right angle high quality cable to make my setup more streamline

Feb 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MASantos /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree, but it doesn't even cost $30, more like under $15 depending on the parts you use. If you can’t make it yourself, be prepared to pay, as the one’s I’ve seen around here run in excess of $100.00 and I for one wouldn't fall for the BS that they improve anything over any other IC other than "looks."

This is why I make my own, honestly it’s not that hard to solder, you’ll save a bundle and have fun making them or learning along the way. Look at either switchcraft 3.5 right angle plugs or Neutrik 3.5mm right angle plugs, both these companies also have straight plugs as well. For small IC’s I use Johnswireshop, he has good silver cable at very reasonable prices with a good variety of AWG diameter. Good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: lol, just noticed the 1 inch, you can strip two old iem plugs (for example I’ve done it with sansa buds) and make a super short IC like the one below. To cover it you can use a variety of stuff, wood, rubber, heatshrink or foamie stuff like I did …

100_4732.jpg

100_4739.jpg

100_4742.jpg

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 11
Yeah, I saw a pretty neat looking one made with epoxy connecting a clip and E5. It was a pretty slick little set up.

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by swanlee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lay off the milk

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #10 of 11
It's not that hard to make one. I made short one for my Clip+ out of two old gold-plated headphone plugs and sheathed it in hot glue, and it works fine. With my equipment, it sounds just as good as the interconnect I bought from Practical Devices for about $25.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back