High Capacity DAP's that support WMA Lossless?
Jan 2, 2009 at 12:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

swanlee

500+ Head-Fier
I like my Zune30 but after yesterday's disaster I may want to keep an eye open for other options. I put a 100 GB hard drive in my Zune30 so I now have about 95GB worth of CD's on it ripped using WMA Lossless.

I would prefer to keep my WMA lossless files intact and just sync them with another player that supports WMA Lossless instead of re ripping or converting. I still have them all on my pc.

So is there another DAP besides the Zune that supports WMA Lossless and is at least 100GB in storage capacity?

I'll probably keep my zune but want to keep my options open.

Also an EQ on the device is a must.

So I need

WMA lossless support + EQ+ 100GB plus storage + great audio sound quality

From searching I doubt such a device exists besides my frankenstein zune30 with the upgraded 100 GB hard drive, the newer Zunes have no EQ so even they are out of the running.

Jan 2, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #2 of 6
Perhaps the Archos have support for the WMA Lossless format with plug-ins available for purchase.

Jan 2, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps the Archos have support for the WMA Lossless format with plug-ins available for purchase.

I have not been able to find anything that says they do and apparently you have to register your device to get technical support. A device I do not have.

Thanx for the help though.

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 6
Zen Vision: M?

pink

Jan 2, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Pink57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Zen Vision: M?

pink

close but it lists here

Creative Worldwide Support

WMA: Up to 320 kbps

It's only lossless support is .wav which is easy but a major waste of space lossless codec's are starting to get some real push new player should support something lossless other than .wav

Users who are viewing this thread

Back