High BitRate Internet Radio
Aug 30, 2007 at 7:55 AM Post #2 of 74
I wouldn't mind seeing a thread devoted to any radio music format or style over that sort of bitrate...

Sep 5, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 74
You've piqued my interest...so i went out on a search. Yes, Google.

thestreamguide.com
Sort stations by bitrate. There are 8 stations that are listed as being above 192, including two that are listed as 320000kbps. oooookay.

Search here for 320kbps: ipradio01. I found just a couple of stations, including WUFT 89.1 FM University of Florida.

Pretty interesting that many places that advertise 300kbps or more also include videos. There seem to be lots of European music videos that are being broadcast online.

You might also try some of the sites that request email registration, etc. I signed up for Choiceradio.com years back. They do not list what their bitrates are, but have a nice selection, in spite of the confusing website.

EDIT: Listening to WUFT. Sounds great! Nice! Seems to be Jazz on this time of night (10pm, PST)

Sep 8, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #5 of 74
Listening again, Friday evening. 10pm PST. More jazz! The DJs are a little bland, but the music is great. Their playlist is quite different from KPLU here in the Northwest, so I am really enjoying the tunes. I believe the station plays classical during the daytime.

http://www.wuftfm.org

Sep 11, 2007 at 3:40 AM Post #7 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Search here for 320kbps: ipradio01. I found just a couple of stations, including WUFT 89.1 FM University of Florida.

EDIT: Listening to WUFT. Sounds great! Nice! Seems to be Jazz on this time of night (10pm, PST)

Thanks a lot. WUFT sounds good with 320kbps WMA. Too bad that other stations are too far behind.

Sep 30, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #8 of 74
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhjazz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thestreamguide.com
Sort stations by bitrate. There are 8 stations that are listed as being above 192, including two that are listed as 320000kbps. oooookay.

Pretty interesting that many places that advertise 300kbps or more also include videos. There seem to be lots of European music videos that are being broadcast online.

You might also try some of the sites that request email registration, etc. I signed up for Choiceradio.com years back. They do not list what their bitrates are, but have a nice selection, in spite of the confusing website.

Thanks a lot.

Any music, above 192kbps:
http://radiobit.50webs.com/

Sep 30, 2007 at 9:44 AM Post #10 of 74
There should be a sticky for Internet radio stations under respective categories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back