HiFiMan Susvara
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:18 PM Post #13,997 of 24,903
Currently auditioning an iFi Pro Ican Signature. Straight out of the box, the the iCan has miles more authority than my trusty Burson Conductor 3xp. Notes (and not just bass) have much more weight and presence. The soundstage has expanded in both width and depth. Looking forward to further improvements with break in and trying the tube modes, which I haven't yet touched. As an aside, anyone who says you only need an amp with enough power to get the Susvara "loud enough" is talking absolute bollox.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #13,998 of 24,903
Haha, love it.

And that would make their previous amp the FOLM 13R (Flavor Of Last Month).
Let us hope to dear Christ Enleum does not implode to the next pivot.

Jan 27, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #13,999 of 24,903
I don't know about that, seems like more than a few people have ended up with CFA's based off the CFA3 thread, haha.
That is the CFA's proof. I'm just the loudmouth shill. :smile:

Jan 27, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #14,000 of 24,903
A lot of you regulars on this thread must be bored of my Susvara reviews by now lol, but here's a final one, for the new comers shall we say, in case it helps with their purchase decision-making:

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/hifiman-susvara-a-long-term-review-r1079/

Great stuff as always Sajid!

Currently auditioning an iFi Pro Ican Signature. Straight out of the box, the the iCan has miles more authority than my trusty Burson Conductor 3xp. Notes (and not just bass) have much more weight and presence. The soundstage has expanded in both width and depth. Looking forward to further improvements with break in and trying the tube modes, which I haven't yet touched. As an aside, anyone who says you only need only get the Susvara "loud enough" is talking absolute bollox.

Thanks for your feedback. iPower Elite helps Pro iCAN Signature as far as authority and punch go :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/iFiAudio/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Jan 28, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #14,001 of 24,903
I have the Luxman as well as the Susvara and HEKse. In my opinion, as good as the Luxman is with the HEKse it is not powerful enough to drive Susvara properly. It gets loud enough but sounds flat, missing dynamics, punch and overall tonal weight.
I'm late to this thread but I think it depends on the DAC's output level. I have my DAC set to +6.0db output level and the Luxman on the high sensitivity setting. The Luxman drives the Susvara easily - just as well as my power amp (Chord Ttoby). I couldn't say which amp I prefer.

Jan 28, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #14,003 of 24,903
Holy s***. Susvaras arrived about ten minutes ago and I'm listening. They really sound fantastic, even with my limited amping capacity. These are simply amazing sounding and I can't wait to see how they scale.

Jan 28, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #14,005 of 24,903
Whoa - I just hooked up the Susvaras to my new Gryphon Diablo 120 integrated amp's speaker outputs. Gryphon is known for massively powerful bass, and it is a great combo with the Susvara. The bass is pretty thunderous compared to other power amps like my Chord Ttoby that I have on hand.
No EQ necessary!

Attachments

• 120 Diablo.jpg
    120 Diablo.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 0
Jan 28, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #14,006 of 24,903
Whoa - I just hooked up the Susvaras to my new Gryphon Diablo 120 integrated amp's speaker outputs. Gryphon is known for massively powerful bass, and it is a great combo with the Susvara. The bass is pretty thunderous compared to other power amps like my Chord Ttoby that I have on hand.
No EQ necessary!
Very pretty amp.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:09 PM Post #14,007 of 24,903
Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Susvara headphones, but before I do, I'd like to know whether the headphone amps I own will drive the Susvaras. I own the GSX-mini, Rogue Audio RH5 and the Pathos Inpol Ear amps. Which of those do susvara owners think will be a good pairing with the Susvara headphones. If none of those will be a good pairing which amp do you think I should consider for the susvaras. I appreciate any recommendations and suggestions experienced susvara owners can give. Thanks!!

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #14,008 of 24,903
Hi, I'm thinking of buying the Susvara headphones, but before I do, I'd like to know whether the headphone amps I own will drive the Susvaras. I own the GSX-mini, Rogue Audio RH5 and the Pathos Inpol Ear amps. Which of those do susvara owners think will be a good pairing with the Susvara headphones. If none of those will be a good pairing which amp do you think I should consider for the susvaras. I appreciate any recommendations and suggestions experienced susvara owners can give. Thanks!!
Great choice of amps. Any of the ones you mentioned would power them beautifully.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #14,009 of 24,903
I owned an RH-5, and have heard the GSX-mini, driving the Susvara. Both do an excellent job, IMHO.

Jan 28, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #14,010 of 24,903
No EQ necessary!

Gryphon Audio in Denmark is an amazing manufacturer of quality amplifiers. :xf_wink:

I can't believe they are largely unknown in USA. But they are not known for their low prices....quite the reverse.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back