HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:20 AM Post #11,387 of 25,444
Yep, but my preference is the ever so slightly warm side of neutral and of course the Susvara tonality :)
The OG Burson Timekeeper is on the slightly warm side of neutral which I also really like with the Sus. That’s what made me decide to pre-order the Soloist GT. Deep class A dual mono is attractive and if the GT will also be towards the warm side of neutral, I hope that it will be right up my alley and a good match to the TT2.

I just don’t have the space for the giant Volot unfortunately. It was honestly just a blind toss up between Ferrum stack and Soloist GT for me. I picked the GT because of my pleasant experience with Burson Tkeeper and because it’s silver. It will look prettier with the rest of my stuff (it matters to me lol)

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 5:43 AM Post #11,388 of 25,444
For me it's actually vice versa.
No space on my desk, my source is yet a tad warm plus black in color - therefore the Ferrums might be more on my alley.
Plus I can send them back if I don't like them which is really nice without hassle of reselling.
Soon I will know more...

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #11,389 of 25,444
OK, so I joined earlier after trying to get info about the Empyreans, then learned about the Elite, then got drawn into looking into Susvaras.
After finding a good dealer, I got my own Susvaras + Roksan K3 INT earlier today, and will hopefully get my speaker tap in a few days. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions (although I did end up spending quite a lot more than I intended a month ago!).

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:55 AM Post #11,390 of 25,444
OK, so I joined earlier after trying to get info about the Empyreans, then learned about the Elite, then got drawn into looking into Susvaras.
After finding a good dealer, I got my own Susvaras + Roksan K3 INT earlier today, and will hopefully get my speaker tap in a few days. Thank you to everyone who answered my questions (although I did end up spending quite a lot more than I intended a month ago!).
Believe me, it is worthwhile.

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:04 AM Post #11,391 of 25,444
That's a normal process, probably most of us ended up spending more thsn they initially intended to

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:57 AM Post #11,393 of 25,444
Wow that's high praise. I'm currently running a yggy + hsa1b, do you think that stack is suitable for the sus?/I'm worried the yggy might be bottlenecking the chain. Definitely interested in trying it, but was wondering what dac I should upgrade to

I mean, many will argue that basicaly any chain below a lampi pacific and masskobo 406 will bottle neck sus so imo i think its the wrong question to ask.

Instead I think the question you should ask is "will my chain work well" in which case everything j have read points to a pretty resounding yes. Maybe not the absalute best synergy or sq for the $ but you already have the stuff and it will work super well. If you want to see some impressions of sus on hsa-1b torq and a few others have written a decent bit about it in the hsa-1b thread on headphones.com forums. As far as the yggy bottleneck, I mean, maybe? Tbh the yggy is a pretty damn solid dac so I dont think you have much to worry about

Sep 23, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #11,394 of 25,444
Susvara out for delivery. Hopefully the 3Max has enough juice to at least make them squeak 😂 waiting for CanJam impressions on the ferrum stack and the Enleum 23-R before I move any further.

Wait, will ferrum be at canjam? I didn't realize that if so. The 23r will be at the headphones.com booth though and I will 1000% be checking that one out

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #11,395 of 25,444
Wait, will ferrum be at canjam? I didn't realize that if so. The 23r will be at the headphones.com booth though and I will 1000% be checking that one out

I believe I saw that some vendor (I don’t remember who) will have their products there, and I spoke with Ferrum over email and they mentioned their exhibit at CanJam 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #11,396 of 25,444
Last edited:
Sep 23, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #11,397 of 25,444
Sep 23, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #11,398 of 25,444
Hi all, ended up getting the Burson Soloist 3X to go with the Susvaras. I know it's not a speaker amp but it should be better than the other options I was considering due to budget and I can always upgrade in the future. Will report once I receive the HPs and Amp.

Thanks a mil for all the advice and info, it was really helpful!

Sep 23, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #11,399 of 25,444
Sep 23, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #11,400 of 25,444
Got my Susvara in, listening now. Both the 300 Max Ti and surprisingly the N6ii Ti have just about enough juice to get these to the volume I would normally listen to. The N6ii Ti is maxed out and the Max has a little head room. Overall for me, I do find these a bit “bass light” which I was expecting anyways so I don’t really consider it a flaw. However, the tonal balance is on point, to where I think with maybe a warmer source can swing the tonality into the type of flavor I want.

I also hear a bit of sibiliance in the highs, on the track “Blame Myself” by Illenium, Tori Kelly’s voice definitely gets in that region for me. Is this mainly attributed due to them being under powered?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back