HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 1, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #9,706 of 25,533
Anyone using Wywires' platinum headphone cable for the Susvara? (or in general?)
thecableco has a 40% on all wywires stuff (and with some amex points via paypal) i can get a 8' cable for like $200.
I *think* people really like Wywire? right? I normally use Cardas or (if i want to wait a million years) Norne for headphone cables.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #9,707 of 25,533
Anyone using Wywires' platinum headphone cable for the Susvara? (or in general?)
thecableco has a 40% on all wywires stuff (and with some amex points via paypal) i can get a 8' cable for like $200.
I *think* people really Wywire? right? I normally use Cardas or (if i want to wait a million years) Norne for headphone cables.
Searching this thread for "Wywires" brings up several comments/reviews of them. Note that you must capitalize it for some reason.

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #9,708 of 25,533
I *think* people really Wywire? right? I normally use Cardas or (if i want to wait a million years) Norne for headphone cables.
There’s been some mention of these cables that i have read either here or the utopia thread.

the 40% off has been running for sometime now. If I’m not mistaken i first saw it when i first heard about them last year - so i would think there is no need to rush for this 40% off

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #9,709 of 25,533
thanks for the input, when i searched for it i got tons of classified threads for it. (i wish there was an option to have search skip that.)
Also, people love things they are selling.. :p
I'd like to find something so i don't have the use the stock cables - without breaking the bank. When i saw the sale..
Good to know that it has been going on forever. Maybe i'll see if some 4th of july sales pop up this weekend. I tend not to notice changes that other see in cables (unless the cables are junk. Of course that doesn't stop me normally from buying likely snake oil costly cables.. that sound the same to me as the cheaper ones. Thus me trying not to spend a lot for the Susvara cable.)

Jul 1, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #9,710 of 25,533
Jul 1, 2021 at 8:40 PM Post #9,711 of 25,533
thanks for the input, when i searched for it i got tons of classified threads for it. (i wish there was an option to have search skip that.)
Also, people love things they are selling.. :p
I'd like to find something so i don't have the use the stock cables - without breaking the bank. When i saw the sale..
Good to know that it has been going on forever. Maybe i'll see if some 4th of july sales pop up this weekend. I tend not to notice changes that other see in cables (unless the cables are junk. Of course that doesn't stop me normally from buying likely snake oil costly cables.. that sound the same to me as the cheaper ones. Thus me trying not to spend a lot for the Susvara cable.)
I was suggesting using the search function in this thread, not the general one (although that one also has a drop down option for "this thread"). Among various cable types, I think speaker and headphone cables can have the greatest influence on sonics, although in general people still overstate their impact/importance relative to other components in the chain. IMHO. As long as a headphone cable has low inductance and resistance, its most important attributes would be lack of microphonics, flexibility, and low weight. And it's gotta look bitchin', of course. :darthsmile:

Jul 1, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #9,712 of 25,533
I contacted HFM support directly and they said the warranty on replacement ear pads is 90 days, unless the Susvara itself is still under warranty (mine isn't). I'll wait until I hear firsthand reports on the "new, improved" adhesive's durability before I jump in again. Meanwhile, I'm still quite happy with the Dekoni FSS.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:21 AM Post #9,714 of 25,533
I'm after cables. I like the look of the Kimber Axios. The wood and weaving are at a stunning level. Are there any other suggestions, for cables with that quality of workmanship?

Last year I tried the Axios for Sony Z1R and returned it. It sounded decent enough but was microphonic and felt kind of cheap. The quality and aesthetics in person were underwhelming for the price, don't be fooled by the glamour shots on their website. If you want genuine craftsmanship, you won't find it off the shelf ready to ship like Kimber, Cardas, Moon Audio, etc. You'd need to go the boutique route like Norne or DHC, and be prepared to wait many weeks. It's worth the wait though.

Jul 2, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #9,715 of 25,533
Jul 2, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #9,716 of 25,533
Where did you purchase them, and how much were they, if I may ask? Also, do you know if HFM warranties their durability for a period of time these days?

I got them as a replacement since my susvara is still under warranty. I don't know if the pads themselves have warranty if you were to purchase them. Either way, they are worth it to me over the dekoni pads for now.

Jul 2, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #9,717 of 25,533
Well, the Head-Space is back along with a brand spankin' new Susvara and Danacable Nirvana cable to tie'em together. (All loaners although even after a brief listen Susvara will likely be my 4th and final (?) reference phone until somebody comes out with something completely different and not just a variation on a theme sound-wise). I'll be burning (playing music) 16 hours a day for the next week and listening a couple hours each day. Only 8 hours total on them so far. Super comfy, took me all of 60 seconds to get the fit right and I don't foresee any fiddling going forward. 3 continuous hours on my head I swear my ears are cooler inside the ear pocket than with my HD800 or 1266Phi. Also strange, a headphone cable that weights almost as much as the headphone! I do plan to burn and listen to the stock 4 pin cable as well.

1625246288555.png

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 3:57 PM Post #9,719 of 25,533
Awesome review, Sajid! I concur with others that you have a natural talent for it. FWIW, the TC really look good on you. :relaxed: However, the SR1a on your head sort of brought to mind Princess Leia with a beard. I'm not entirely sure why I needed to share these impressions... :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back