HiFiMan Susvara
Jun 8, 2021 at 4:12 AM Post #9,046 of 25,536
Except he is a professional, who has done this for a very long time, who has a lot of experience, and will do it right.
This statement translates to you saying that Sonorworks, Oratory1990 and Antdroid are not professional, are inexperienced, and have not done it right. That's exactly what this sentence means, no?

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #9,047 of 25,536
oh damn..
is anyone else neglecting their TC Phi because of the Susvara?

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #9,048 of 25,536
oh damn..
Not me, my Susvaras are in China getting repaired lol

Jun 8, 2021 at 8:52 AM Post #9,049 of 25,536
This statement translates to you saying that Sonorworks, Oratory1990 and Antdroid are not professional, are inexperienced, and have not done it right. That's exactly what this sentence means, no?
I have delved into Oratory, not the others. Oratory is quite fine, except for the numb skull way they dictate the bass correction under 100 Hz. It's probably good for people with speakers in crappy rooms AND those that favor heavy handed bass. I had 30 years of great rooms, and a taste for accuracy in playback which makes me immune and then dismissive of the bass boost formula they promulgate.

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:04 AM Post #9,050 of 25,536
oh damn..
I'm ignoring all my headphones at the moment because I've fallen down the IEM rabbit hole... I just bought a TH900 Sapphire blue so that will lure me back to over-ears for a while... :)

Jun 8, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #9,051 of 25,536
oh damn..

Not me, my Susvaras are in China getting repaired lol
I've been ignoring my Susvara because of my He6SE! Who would would have thunk it, right? Well the blame goes to my new Pathos InPol Ear amp, which has unleashed such unprecedented thunder and finesse from the He6SE that not only do I no longer recognize the sound of old He6 or this new one anymore when listening to this can, in the way I previously knew them. This new sound of the He6SE paired with the InPol Ear is positively addictive. The thrill of this discovery has been so massive that I have not gone near my Susvara for about two weeks now, as I can't stop listening to the He-6SE...

3929c53b-0478-4cf1-8bff-1c28aa722f22_text.gif

And now for the caveats: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Please note: I am not saying that the He6SE is necessarily sounding "better" than the Susvara, but that it is the one among the two which is getting more of my my attention nowadays, because of the thrill of the new discovery...

In fact, I was not going to mention this development at all on this forum, for fear of being charged with blasphemy and heresy by some Susvara fanboys and fangirls, but when I read @Roasty 's question, I could not resist. So please don't shoot me:slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

0d8dbb5a-40be-43d5-9fcd-0cf4f9234636_text.gif

Jun 8, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #9,052 of 25,536
the Trafomatic Primavera also has had rave reviews with the Susvara and 1266 TC
Susvara is an ok performer but Primavera and TC is a considerable step up from the DIY T2 and 009 for most complete sound I've heard.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #9,053 of 25,536
oh damn..
I’m happily being kind to my wallet (and leaving it alone) because of the susvara

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #9,054 of 25,536
Except he is a professional, who has done this for a very long time, who has a lot of experience, and will do it right.

I strongly suggest you click through the links I provided, read them, listen to the podcast, and educate yourself on the benefits of this.

Here is his website: https://accuratesound.ca/index.html

Well, Sonorworks and Oratory1990 are pro's as well (not antdroid.) The filters provided will always depend on the person providing the filters preferences and thoughts on what an "ideal" frequency response is (hence the comment about Oratory1990 dialing in too much bass for some people.)

I dunno, I'm not convinced measuring a headphone and providing a few takes on "Corrective" EQ profiles are worth anything close to $250USD. I fully understand the benefits of doing this, if you happen to like how the filters tune the headphones sound. Its nothing groundbreaking.

His Program seems kind of interesting in that it lets you change entirely seemlessly between various profiles, but that again, is hardly groundbreaking.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #9,055 of 25,536

I strongly suggest you click through the links I provided, read them, listen to the podcast, and educate yourself on the benefits of this.

Here is his website: https://accuratesound.ca/index.html

I did look at this page. It's a nicely designed plugin. It looks like all it does is load up several EQ profiles and lets you choose between any of them, seamlessly, and can adjust to compensate for Fletcher-Munson curves. The seamlessly part looks like its the unique feature?

It says it can load/import filters from other software too, so you can test various target profiles/eqs.

First off, I'll just say that I am nowhere near a professional. I just have a review website with measurements and my own preferences (along with others' targets) available for others. I am an aerospace materials engineer, and definitely not a pro audio/acoustics person. :)

Personally, my PEQ settings for the Susvara are really easy. for any frequency, the gain is +0dB and the Q value is whatever you want it to be. :)

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #9,057 of 25,536
I did look at the page. EQing headphones isnt as complicated as EQing speakers in a room. That is much more complex since you have to consider the room size, the walls, materials, and everything inside the room. The headphones room is the headphone cups themselves, which don't change, unless you change the pads or pad-wear.... The rest is eq-ing to your ears and preferences.

Jun 8, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #9,058 of 25,536
So, what I have gathered here is none of you have bothered to investigate this using the links I have provided.

I read all 3 links. Apart from the head dude of Computer Audiophile, now AudiophileStyle, raving about them for the SR1a, it just...doesn't seem to be anything special. I could say I'm an expert (there is no qualification board,) measure a headhone, and provide some EQ filters wrapped up in a pretty plugin package that allows you to change between the filters level matched and charge a lot for them too. I just don't see the point. You might get the filters and not even like how they sound.

Eq'ing headphones is a WHOLE lot different from corrective work on speakers response in a room. Headphones get rid of the room factor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back